The Maven Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (410) 216-7070
- The Maven Academy believes each student is on their own individualized path to higher education.
- Our goal is to help guide each student in the direction of success at their own pace.
- We serve grades 6 through 12 in a progressive and nurturing environment.
- Enrollment being limited to 35 students allows us to be mindful of the intellect of every student and meet their needs at their own level, pace and mode of learning.
- Beyond the academic excellence we offer our students, we firmly believe that student-teacher relationships and collaboration with families are essential for success.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Dean|
- The Maven Academy is a progressive new private school serving grades 6 through 12. With over 18 years of delivering personalized academics as a tutoring and enrichment center, we decided to broaden our curriculum and extend our services to meet the needs of all students. Our mission is to create a challenging learning environment that encourages students to set personal academic goals and achieve success through innovative instruction. With the use of blended learning, mastery-based credits, one on one instruction, hands on projects, peer group work, small class sizes and independent learning we are able to provide students the tools needed to meet personal academic goals.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-12 | 200 students
9085 Flamepool Way
Columbia, MD 21045
(410) 730-0073 22.9 NS-12
- Annapolis Grades: 3-12 | 322 students
1277 Green Holly Drive
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410) 974-4248 5.7 3-12
We are relatively new to the school and it fits our lifestyle well. We like that our child can attend full-time which means three days/week with hw the other two days. The school offers classes in the core academic subjects required in Maryland. The tuition is reasonable and enrichment classes are offered. Because of the short school day and lack of nearby public transportation, it will only be an option for those who have a flexible schedule to drive their student. We plan to stay through high school.
- Posted by Parent - MLM
We are relatively new to the school and it has been a great fit for our family. I would classify this as a hybrid school. You can attend full-time which means three days a week, with work to do at home, the other days or combine classes with homeschooling or community college. The core academic classes are offered: math (self-paced), social studies/history, science and Language Arts. Enrichment classes are offered at extra cost after school on a semester basis. Im addition, credits can be given to HS students for activities outside of school. We plan to stay through HS.
- Posted by Parent - M
I really have to say this place changed my son's life! They really do cater to the needs of each student.
- Posted by Parent - Ginab
My daughter is thriving at The Maven Academy! She is steadily becoming an enthusiastic, independent learner and knows that her teachers and fellow students are there to support and empower her! Our experience with The Maven Academy has been exceptional!
- Posted by Parent - daryl
My student attended the program before it became a Private school and it changed his life! I''m so excited to learn of the Private school status as I know this will change the lives of many students from many different academic backgrounds. I can not say enough about how much comfort they brought my son and how much personal attention he received. I would definitely recommend!
- Posted by Parent - bobgi
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.