The Montessori Center
- The Montessori Center, founded in 1982, is a small school serving a maximum of 30 students and their families.
- Specializing in an all day program, the school is housed in a lovely Victorian home in one of South Bend's historic districts.
- A flexible, affordable program is designed to serve the need of today's children and their families.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,542|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Varies|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,390|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies dependent upon schedule: $6220 school year, 5 days per week, 8:30 - 3:30; $7731 school year plus summer camp, 5 days|
|Admissions Director||Margaret Kent|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The head of school and head directress have a combined experience of 57 years at The Montesori Center thereby offering the children they serve stability and continutiy of guidance.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Bend Grades: PK-8 | 158 students
1101 E Jefferson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46617
(574)288-0098 1 PK-8
- South Bend Grades: PK-K | 32 students
53333 Ironwood Rd.
South Bend, IN 46635
(574)277-6468 1.8 PK-K
- Saint Joseph Grades: PK-1 | 83 students
3084 Niles Rd
Saint Joseph, MI 49085
(269)556-0354 30.1 PK-1
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.