The Montessori Center
- The Montessori Center, founded in 1982, is a small school serving a maximum of 30 students and their families.
- Specializing in an all day program, the school is housed in a lovely Victorian home in one of South Bend's historic districts.
- A flexible, affordable program is designed to serve the need of today's children and their families.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies dependent upon schedule: $6220 school year, 5 days per week, 8:30 - 3:30; $7731 school year plus summer camp, 5 days|
|Admissions Director||Marianne Surges|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The head of school and head directress have a combined experience of 57 years at The Montesori Center thereby offering the children they serve stability and continutiy of guidance.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Bend Grades: PK-8 | 158 students
1101 E Jefferson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46617
(574)288-0098 1 PK-8
- South Bend Grades: PK-K | 32 students
53333 Ironwood Rd.
South Bend, IN 46635
(574)277-6468 1.8 PK-K
- Saint Joseph Grades: PK-1 | 83 students
3084 Niles Rd
Saint Joseph, MI 49085
(269)556-0354 30.1 PK-1
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.