The Montessori Center
- The Montessori Center, founded in 1982, is a small school serving a maximum of 30 students and their families.
- Specializing in an all day program, the school is housed in a lovely Victorian home in one of South Bend's historic districts.
- A flexible, affordable program is designed to serve the need of today's children and their families.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies dependent upon schedule: $6220 school year, 5 days per week, 8:30 - 3:30; $7731 school year plus summer camp, 5 days|
|Admissions Director||Marianne Surges|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The head of school and head directress have a combined experience of 57 years at The Montesori Center thereby offering the children they serve stability and continutiy of guidance.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Bend Grades: PK-8 | 158 students
1101 E Jefferson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46617
(574)288-0098 1 PK-8
- South Bend Grades: PK-K | 32 students
53333 Ironwood Rd.
South Bend, IN 46635
(574)277-6468 1.8 PK-K
- Saint Joseph Grades: PK-1 | 83 students
3084 Niles Rd
Saint Joseph, MI 49085
(269)556-0354 30.1 PK-1
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.