The Montessori Center
- The Montessori Center, founded in 1982, is a small school serving a maximum of 30 students and their families.
- Specializing in an all day program, the school is housed in a lovely Victorian home in one of South Bend's historic districts.
- A flexible, affordable program is designed to serve the need of today's children and their families.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies dependent upon schedule: $6220 school year, 5 days per week, 8:30 - 3:30; $7731 school year plus summer camp, 5 days|
|Admissions Director||Marianne Surges|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The head of school and head directress have a combined experience of 57 years at The Montesori Center thereby offering the children they serve stability and continutiy of guidance.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Bend Grades: PK-8 | 158 students
1101 E Jefferson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46617
(574)288-0098 1 PK-8
- South Bend Grades: PK-K | 32 students
53333 Ironwood Rd.
South Bend, IN 46635
(574)277-6468 1.8 PK-K
- Saint Joseph Grades: PK-1 | 83 students
3084 Niles Rd
Saint Joseph, MI 49085
(269)556-0354 30.1 PK-1
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.