The Neilson Academy
- The Neilson Academy is a licensed private school, specializing in the education of students who are actively pursuing their goals in life.
- The school is designed to help every student really GET an education.
- We know that students may need a number of approaches to accomplish their goals: specific study skills, individualized programs, one-on-one help, or special schedules. The Neilson Academy can provide that help.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bob Neilson|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-12 | 107 students
1317 N Crescent Heights Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323)822-7900 3.2 PK-12
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 725 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)397-3134 10.3 K-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.