The Neilson Academy
- The Neilson Academy is a licensed private school, specializing in the education of students who are actively pursuing their goals in life.
- The school is designed to help every student really GET an education.
- We know that students may need a number of approaches to accomplish their goals: specific study skills, individualized programs, one-on-one help, or special schedules. The Neilson Academy can provide that help.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bob Neilson|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 1-12 | 120 students
6556 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028 1.8 1-12
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-6 | 532 students
563 N Alfred St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323)651-0707 4.2 NS-6
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-6 | 316 students
1233 N. Mccadden
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323)465-1320 2 PK-6
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.