The Oak Ridge Academy
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 25 students
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Fall/Summer uniforms required
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Oak Ridge Academy is an informal, comfortable school, where children and parents can feel at home. Learning, for the children, takes place through their experiences in daily living with a group in an environment where there is much to wonder about and explore. It aims to build character, independence and initiative; to develop self-esteem; to promote self-discipline; and to create vitality that is necessary to achieve any goal. The ultimate goal is to promote the optimum development of the individual child.
- The Oak Ridge Academy teacher, who helps mold the morals and values of the child, is the extension of the parent. The teacher lays the foundation of learning that stimulates creativity and develops personality and character. Teaching basic letters and numbers, which ultimately transform into reading and arithmetic, the careful development of the mind facilitates further academic growth.
- The teacher enhances interpersonal skills through her guidance of the student in interaction with others not of the same family group. Thus, the social and emotional growth takes place, which carries the child through life. The teacher is only as effective as the parents’ mutual willingness to support, participate, and embellish upon the foundation set in the child’s early learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Oak Ridge Academy?
The acceptance rate of The Oak Ridge Academy is 80%, which is lower than the national average of 81%.
When is the application deadline for The Oak Ridge Academy?
The application deadline for The Oak Ridge Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Oak Ridge Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards