The Oak Ridge Academy
The Oak Ridge Academy has been privately owned and operated in the Baltimore community for more than 50 years. Accredited by the Maryland State Board of Education and with a rich history of providing an extensive early-childhood curriculum in a loving and nurturing environment, Oak Ridge scholars are taught to soar like eagles and to unlock their full potential throughout their educational growth. Our small class settings allow each student the opportunity to have one-on-one attention from our certified teachers and aides. Our mission is to enhance the development of your child during early social, emotional, physical, and cognitive developmental stages of life.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 25 students
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Fall/Summer uniforms required)
(Fall/Summer uniforms required)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition is $200/week. Payments are preferred bi-weekly or monthly.
National avg.: 85%
- The Oak Ridge Academy is an informal, comfortable school, where children and parents can feel at home. Learning, for the children, takes place through their experiences in daily living with a group in an environment where there is much to wonder about and explore. It aims to build character, independence and initiative; to develop self-esteem; to promote self-discipline; and to create vitality that is necessary to achieve any goal. The ultimate goal is to promote the optimum development of the individual child.
- The Oak Ridge Academy teacher, who helps mold the morals and values of the child, is the extension of the parent. The teacher lays the foundation of learning that stimulates creativity and develops personality and character. Teaching basic letters and numbers, which ultimately transform into reading and arithmetic, the careful development of the mind facilitates further academic growth.
- The teacher enhances interpersonal skills through her guidance of the student in interaction with others not of the same family group. Thus, the social and emotional growth takes place, which carries the child through life. The teacher is only as effective as the parents’ mutual willingness to support, participate, and embellish upon the foundation set in the child’s early learning.
Endorse The Oak Ridge Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.