The Oak Ridge Academy
- The Oak Ridge Academy has been privately owned and operated in the Baltimore community for more than 50 years. Accredited by the Maryland State Board of Education and with a rich history of providing an extensive early-childhood curriculum in a loving and nurturing environment, Oak Ridge scholars are taught to soar like eagles and to unlock their full potential throughout their educational growth. Our small class settings allow each student the opportunity to have one-on-one attention from our certified teachers and aides. Our mission is to enhance the development of your child during early social, emotional, physical, and cognitive developmental stages of life.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Fall/Summer uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $200/week. Payments are preferred bi-weekly or monthly.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beverly Bailey|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Smith|
- The Oak Ridge Academy is an informal, comfortable school, where children and parents can feel at home. Learning, for the children, takes place through their experiences in daily living with a group in an environment where there is much to wonder about and explore. It aims to build character, independence and initiative; to develop self-esteem; to promote self-discipline; and to create vitality that is necessary to achieve any goal. The ultimate goal is to promote the optimum development of the individual child.
- The Oak Ridge Academy teacher, who helps mold the morals and values of the child, is the extension of the parent. The teacher lays the foundation of learning that stimulates creativity and develops personality and character. Teaching basic letters and numbers, which ultimately transform into reading and arithmetic, the careful development of the mind facilitates further academic growth.
- The teacher enhances interpersonal skills through her guidance of the student in interaction with others not of the same family group. Thus, the social and emotional growth takes place, which carries the child through life. The teacher is only as effective as the parents’ mutual willingness to support, participate, and embellish upon the foundation set in the child’s early learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gwynn Oak Grades: PK | 256 students
6608-10 Dogwood Rd.
Gwynn Oak, MD 21207
(410) 944-3940 1.8 PK
- Gwynn Oak Grades: NS | 41 students
2221 Wheatley Drive
Gwynn Oak, MD 21207
(410) 448-3443 1.1 NS
- Baltimore Grades: PK-5 | 102 students
5150 Balto Natl Pike
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410) 945-0665 2.4 PK-5
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.