The Seven Hills School
- The Seven Hills School is an independent, non-sectarian, co-ed day school that prepares students from age 2 through 12th grade for 21st century opportunities.
- Located on two campuses in Cincinnati, Doherty Campus located at 2627 Johnstone Place and Hillsdale Campus located at 5400 Red Bank Road, Seven Hills brings more than 1,000 students from more than 60 zip codes.
- Learning at Seven Hills involves lively, intellectually vibrant classroom interactions between teachers and students.
- Teachers focus on the individual needs of each and every child.
- In addition to our small class sizes, a full spectrum of opportunities is offered in athletics, the arts, community service and clubs and activities.
- Students graduate as future-ready learners with the skills and habits of mind needed to excel in college and beyond, to live honorably, to lead effectively and to learn continuously.
The Seven Hills School places among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||144 teachers|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP French Language and Culture, AP Latin, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Spanish Literature and Culture, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1370|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Students on the Doherty Campus are required to wear uniforms.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,570|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $7,200 (PK-2) - $26,570 (grades 10-12).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,200|
|Admissions Director||Janet Hill|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Clark|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
African-American Awareness Club, Amnesty International, Anime Club, Canvass (School Newspaper), Certamen Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Environmental Club, Faculty Class Advisors, French Club, Gender Sexuality Alliance, Latin Club, Math League, Mock Trial Team, Robotics Club, Spanish Club, Student Senate, Upper School Sports League, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Instrumental Music, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- There's no single way to describe Seven Hills. But Seven Hills produces a singular outcome: intellectually vibrant, individually attuned, future-ready learners prepared to shape rewarding lives.
- To put it briefly, Seven Hills is the unique combination of what we believe and how we teach, how we support each other, and, ultimately, how each child learns.
- We believe each student's brain is like a fingerprint: entirely unique, the only one of its kind in the world.
- We attract students who are open-minded and good-hearted.
- We teach collaboratively, we teach to the individual, and we teach students to work hard now for rewards that come later.
- We listen and respect each other.
- We reflect on ideas.
- We take our commitment to each student seriously.
- We prepare all of our students for a great college experience.
- We also try to inspire them to grow into great people.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-8 | 437 students
927 Ellison Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45226
(513)321-1048 3.2 PK-8
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-10 | 277 students
6743 Chestnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45227
(513)541-0220 1.9 PK-10
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.