The Seven Hills School
- The Seven Hills School is an independent, non-sectarian, co-ed day school that prepares students from age 2 through 12th grade for 21st century opportunities.
- Located on two campuses in Cincinnati, Doherty Campus located at 2627 Johnstone Place and Hillsdale Campus located at 5400 Red Bank Road, Seven Hills brings 1,015 students from more than 60 zip codes.
- Learning at Seven Hills involves lively, intellectually vibrant classroom interactions between teachers and students.
- Teachers focus on the individual needs of each and every child.
- In addition to our small class sizes, a full spectrum of opportunities is offered in athletics, the arts, community service and clubs and activities.
- Students graduate as future-ready learners with the skills and habits of mind needed to excel in college and beyond, to live honorably, to lead effectively and to learn continuously.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1006 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||83 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||English, Latin, French Language and Culture, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Language and Literature, U.S. History, European History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science A|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Students on the Doherty Campus are required to wear uniforms.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 22 / Jan. 21 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $6,545 (PK-2) - $24,015 (grades 10-12).|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,000|
|Admissions Director||Janet Hill|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Clark|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, African American Awareness, Amnesty International, Anime Club, Bike Club, Canvass (School Newspaper), Certamen Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Environmental Club, Faculty Class Advisors, French Club, Gay, Intramural Sports, Latin Club, Math League, Mock Trial Team, Robotics Club, Spanish Club, Straight Alliance, Student Senate, Upper School Sports League, Yearbook Academic Team, Anime Club, Bike Club, Certamen Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, French Club, Gay, Latin Club, Math League, Robotics Club, Spanish Club, Student Senate, Yearbook, African American Awareness,
Canvass (School Newspaper),
Faculty Class Advisors,
Mock Trial Team,
Upper School Sports League,
- There's no single way to describe Seven Hills. But Seven Hills produces a singular outcome: intellectually vibrant, individually attuned, future-ready learners prepared to shape rewarding lives.
- To put it briefly, Seven Hills is the unique combination of what we believe and how we teach, how we support each other, and, ultimately, how each child learns.
- We believe each student's brain is like a fingerprint: entirely unique, the only one of its kind in the world.
- We attract students who are open-minded and good-hearted.
- We teach collaboratively, we teach to the individual, and we teach students to work hard now for rewards that come later.
- We listen and respect each other.
- We reflect on ideas.
- We take our commitment to each student seriously.
- We prepare all of our students for a great college experience.
- We also try to inspire them to grow into great people.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CincinnatiGrades: NS-12 | 800 students
6905 Given Road
Cincinnati, OH 45243
CincinnatiGrades: K-12 | 55 students
8100 Cornell Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249
CincinnatiGrades: NS-12 | 1031 students
2161 Grandin Road
Cincinnati, OH 45208
11525 Snider Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45249
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017