The Westwood Montessori School
- The Westwood Montessori School provides a nurturing and peaceful environment for your preschool child.
- The school offers a three-year, quality early childhood education dedicated to honoring the unique developmental needs of every child from 2.9-6 years of age.
- The Westwood Montessori School is committed to a program in which your child is respected as an individual and encouraged to develop at his or her own pace, laying the foundation for a Love of Learning, for Life.
- WMS is staffed with only the most dedicated and seasoned professionals who, along with Ms. Lundberg, have years of first-hand knowledge and experience in providing the highest quality of care.
- The lead teachers of each class have been trained through accredited programs and granted American Montessori Society teaching certificates.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dedham Grades: PK-K | 28 students
1100 High Street
Dedham, MA 02026
(781)329-8603 2.1 PK-K
- Westwood Grades: NS-PK | 35 students
200 Providence Hwy
Westwood, MA 02090
(781)329-9550 2.2 NS-PK
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.