Total Learning Centers
Total Learning Academy is a program for students that need a more intensive remedial approach.
Classes are typically 4-7 students and students receive individualized attention.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 3-12
- Students: 34 students
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia/Language-based, ADHD, ALL Learning Differences, Students with Anxiety or Depression
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Tuition may be paid by student's home school district or private parent pay. Some scholarships are available.
Dr. Carol Utay
- Step into Total Learning Centers and you will see an active, open learning environment that is welcoming and family friendly. We believe that each child has unique gifts and talents; therefore Total Learning Centers develops a personalized instructional program based on a student`s initial and ongoing evaluation results. Our instructional programs are cutting-edge, research-proven, learning strategies that enhance the student`s ability to perform in their school, home and community environments.
- Founded in 1999, by Drs. Joe and Carol Utay, TLC "Prepares Students Today for Success Tomorrow" through direct, intensive, research-based methods to ensure significant gains in reading, writing, math, attention, processing, working memory and more. Working with clients from age 5 through College in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area, we offer an array of services to help children reach their educational potential through school support, expert tutoring or remediation.
- Our experienced and distinguished staff and educators live and breathe by our on-going mission: To help caring parents minimize their child`s frustration and maximize their potential by removing obstacles to learning. We work with the students in a positive, caring environment to provide instruction targeted to their specific needs. At TLC we believe every student can travel as far as their passion takes them.
Profile last updated:
Endorse Total Learning Centers. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.