True Cross School - Dickinson
- True cross catholic school, the first parochial school on the Galveston county mainland,was founded in 1946, by father Thomas Carney, and was originally staffed by the sisters of Sisters of St. Mary of Namar.
- True cross catholic school has been providing a high-quality catholic educational experience to Galveston county and its surrounding areas.
- True cross school is a community called by god to grow in wisdom and grace just as Jesus did when he was a child.
- As we grow spiritually, academically, and emotionally, we will learn to share our god-given gifts with others.
- In this way, the kingdom of god will grow and prosper to his eternal glory.
- True cross catholic school is a Christ catholic school Community, who, united with its parish, and in collaboration with its families, nurtures and form the minds, hearts, and spirits of the children it serves.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 753 students
12555 Ryewater Dr
Houston, TX 77089
(281)464-8299 11.5 PK-12
- Webster Grades: NS-7 | 138 students
670 E Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
(281)280-9829 7.3 NS-7
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.