Tuskawilla Montessori School
- Tuskawilla Montessori Academy is a Montessori school, committed to the Montessori ideals that have stood the test of time.
- But we are also ready to meet the challenges and new technology of the future. Tuskawilla/Twin Rivers Montessori Academy, guided by the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, is committed to providing an enriching and challenging environment where each child is encouraged to develop to his or her fullest potential academically, socially, and emotionally.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Grades 1st-8th: Khaki shorts, solid color Polo Shirt ( Logo Shirts available for purchase) )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Terry DeLong|
|Admissions Associate||Lois Phillips|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Dance,|
Gymnastics, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Piano Classes|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Cooking Classes
- TMA opened its doors in January 1986 with the Tuskawilla Preschool. In 1987, the elementary building opened and has since grown to become additional preschool classrooms. In 1990, Twin Rivers Montessori opened to meet the growing interest in that area. In January of 1995, the second elementary building including a swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts, were completed and now contain two elementary classrooms. In the fall of 2000, the fourth building opened, housing upper elementary students, computer lab, fully-operational library, kitchen, art, and band rooms. In our 2007-08 school year, the Upper Elementary rooms were renovated and a Gymnasium was completed. The gym also has an attached classroom wing, which houses our middle school program and students. Our top priority has always been to provide and environment where children can experience the joy of learning in order to prepare themselves for the future. We have adapted the traditional Montessori philosophy and theory to a modernized, digital age. We provide all of our students with state-of-the-art computer and digital technologies, and incorporate a computer-based curriculum throughout our 1st through 8th grade program. We offer a wide variety of after school programs including sports, cooking, scrapbooking, chess, martial arts, music, and swm team.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Maitland Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
866 Lake Howell Road
Maitland, FL 32751
(407)331-5144 3.4 PK-8
- Altamonte Springs Grades: PK-8 | 512 students
869 Maitland Ave
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407)830-6245 6.1 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.