Lake Forrest Preparatory School
- The Lake Forrest Preparatory School was established in 1991 to provide the choice of a private school community to a broader population; to create a community school where each child is safe, and very well educated.
- Here each parent is invited to partner in the education of children and each child receives the chance to achieve his or her greatest potential.
- Each child and every family enjoys individual attention and respect, the very cornerstones on which successful learning is built.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools of Florida|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ann Mallamas|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oviedo Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
1625 Montessori Pt
Oviedo, FL 32765
(407)678-3879 3.4 PK-8
- Maitland Grades: NS-8 | 166 students
236 N Swoope Ave
Maitland, FL 32751
(407)628-0019 2.5 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.