Unity Christian School
- Top Ranked GA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 356 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Math Team - Elementary, STEM/Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Productions, various art classes
- Our History
- Burdened to pray for a work of the Gospel in our community, local pastors Charlie Bridges, Jerry Chitwood, David Harper, and Jamie Work joined their hearts to wait on the Lord for direction. Inspired by the leading of the Holy Spirit, a need was seen. Our community was in need of a Christian school, a Christ centered educational facility that would seek to minister to the spiritual and academic needs of Christian parents and students. With the enthusiastic support of their churches, West Rome Baptist, North Rome Church of God, Hollywood Baptist and Fellowship Baptist, they covenanted to birth a Christian school. The vision for a school to serve the entire community was soon caught by pastors Nim Russell of Thankful Baptist Church and Phil Wall of the First Assembly of God. The basis for their unity was belief in the inerrancy of the Scriptures and essential doctrines of the faith. The dream began to take form. In 1998 board members were selected from the churches. Organizational meetings were held and a building was purchased. The serious process of staff selection, "getting the word out", and the enrollment of students began. Different from others, this education would be thoroughly integrated in the Word of God, not secular, not private for profit, but distinctively Christian. Students would learn "how to live", and see enrollment as a privilege. Teachers would perceive their task as a sacred trust.
- Our Blessings & Challenges
- This is an exciting and historic time for Unity Christian School. As we move into the middle of our second decade, we praise God for the increasing number of families who are seeking out the type of Christ-centered education that sets us apart in this community. At the same time, because of this phenomenal response, we are challenged as never before to maintain our standards of excellence while providing an increasingly diverse range of academic, artistic and athletic opportunities to an ever-growing number of students. One of the most exciting developments at Unity is seeing our graduates successfully transition into college and hearing stories of how they are impacting the world for Jesus Christ. Having grades Preschool for 3-year-olds through 12th has prompted the further development for many of our programs, including missions and athletics. With this growth comes the need for more specialized classrooms, especially in the areas of science, technology, art and music. Furthermore, plans are in place to secure long-term relationships with local organizations for athletic practice and contests.
- Our Vision
- In 2005, Unity Christian School made the move into its current facility on the corner of Highway 53 and the Rome Bypass. Now, with the help of a professional architectural planning firm, we are preparing a comprehensive plan to further develop the current upper campus facilities to accommodate enhanced academic offerings, fine arts experiences, and indoor athletic team practices and contests. This will address both the critical needs of today and at the same time, will prepare us to better meet the anticipated needs of the future. The master plan will include a multi-phased approach to accomplishing all that needs to be done to expand our programs. We recognize that the plan is ambitious and it will require several years to be fully implemented. Yet, we believe that the ministry of Unity Christian School is so vital to the youth and families of our community that we are prepared to see this project through to its completion.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Unity Christian School often compared to?
Unity Christian Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Darlington School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Unity Christian School?
The acceptance rate of Unity Christian School is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 82%.
What sports does Unity Christian School offer?
Unity Christian School offers 9 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Unity Christian School's ranking?
Unity Christian School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Unity Christian School?
The application deadline for Unity Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Unity Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards