Unity Christian School
5.00 (13 reviews)
Tel: (706) 292-0700
- Unity Christian School is a private, coeducational, college preparatory school.
- Our mission is to partner with Christian parents committed to Christ-centered, Biblically-based education to promote excellence in academics, to equip students with Christ-honoring leadership skills, and to develop their God-given potential which empowers them to impact the world for Jesus Christ..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Language, AP Literature, AP U. S. History|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Average ACT score||25|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||tuition schedule is graduated scale|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lane Rice|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Math Team - Elementary, STEM/Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Productions, various art classes
- Our History
- Burdened to pray for a work of the Gospel in our community, local pastors Charlie Bridges, Jerry Chitwood, David Harper, and Jamie Work joined their hearts to wait on the Lord for direction. Inspired by the leading of the Holy Spirit, a need was seen. Our community was in need of a Christian school, a Christ centered educational facility that would seek to minister to the spiritual and academic needs of Christian parents and students. With the enthusiastic support of their churches, West Rome Baptist, North Rome Church of God, Hollywood Baptist and Fellowship Baptist, they covenanted to birth a Christian school. The vision for a school to serve the entire community was soon caught by pastors Nim Russell of Thankful Baptist Church and Phil Wall of the First Assembly of God. The basis for their unity was belief in the inerrancy of the Scriptures and essential doctrines of the faith. The dream began to take form. In 1998 board members were selected from the churches. Organizational meetings were held and a building was purchased. The serious process of staff selection, "getting the word out", and the enrollment of students began. Different from others, this education would be thoroughly integrated in the Word of God, not secular, not private for profit, but distinctively Christian. Students would learn "how to live", and see enrollment as a privilege. Teachers would perceive their task as a sacred trust.
- Our Blessings & Challenges
- This is an exciting and historic time for Unity Christian School. As we move into the middle of our second decade, we praise God for the increasing number of families who are seeking out the type of Christ-centered education that sets us apart in this community. At the same time, because of this phenomenal response, we are challenged as never before to maintain our standards of excellence while providing an increasingly diverse range of academic, artistic and athletic opportunities to an ever-growing number of students. One of the most exciting developments at Unity is seeing our graduates successfully transition into college and hearing stories of how they are impacting the world for Jesus Christ. Having grades Preschool for 3-year-olds through 12th has prompted the further development for many of our programs, including missions and athletics. With this growth comes the need for more specialized classrooms, especially in the areas of science, technology, art and music. Furthermore, plans are in place to secure long-term relationships with local organizations for athletic practice and contests.
- Our Vision
- In 2005, Unity Christian School made the move into its current facility on the corner of Highway 53 and the Rome Bypass. Now, with the help of a professional architectural planning firm, we are preparing a comprehensive plan to further develop the current upper campus facilities to accommodate enhanced academic offerings, fine arts experiences, and indoor athletic team practices and contests. This will address both the critical needs of today and at the same time, will prepare us to better meet the anticipated needs of the future. The master plan will include a multi-phased approach to accomplishing all that needs to be done to expand our programs. We recognize that the plan is ambitious and it will require several years to be fully implemented. Yet, we believe that the ministry of Unity Christian School is so vital to the youth and families of our community that we are prepared to see this project through to its completion.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rome Grades: PK-12 | 709 students
1014 Cave Spring Rd SW
Rome, GA 30161
(706) 235-6051 5.6 PK-12
- Rome Grades: PK-8 | 227 students
401 East 7th Street
Rome, GA 30161
(706) 234-4953 3.8 PK-8
- Dalton Grades: K-12 | 361 students
1600 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Dalton, GA 30721
(706) 277-1198 34.2 K-12
After having had my oldest child at two different schools (one public and one private) other than Unity and subsequently homeschooling him for 4.5 years, I'm relieved to say that we started at Unity this year with my oldest in middle school and my youngest in Pre-K and could not be happier with the entire place. They offer a rigorous enough curriculum to keep my oldest son challenged. They offer all sorts of sports and activities, enough to ensure there's something for everyone. The teachers are all understanding and caring. I highly recommend this school to any Christian family. Do not be off-put by the admissions application. It comes across as very strict and ominous, in my opinion, but the school environment itself does not reflect the level of rigidity that the admissions application portrays.
- Posted by Parent - K Gray
We absolutely LOVE Unity. My son has recently started and it is amazing all of the things he has learned in a short period of time. All of the staff and teachers are amazing and have some a welcoming environment!
- Posted by Parent - Jessica Agan
Our grandson has been at Unity since kindergarten. Just started middle school this year as a 6th. Grader. Enough can`t be said about the school, staff and the Christian education the Unity students are receiving. What a blessing that he is able to be part of the loving caring school..
- Posted by Parent - Peggy Gunter
I have 2 Unity graduates, who are both flourishing at college, one at Berry College, one at UGA. Unity prepared them well academically as well as with a solid biblical worldview to navigate through life well. The extracurricular activities and sports offered throughout MS and HS provided an amazing opportunity for my teens to safely reach out of their comfort zone as well as excel at something they were really good at. I LOVE my Unity family!
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer E
What a great school! This is our third year at Unity Christian School. There is so much joy watching a child grow academically as well as maturing in the Lord. This makes all the effort, time and money spent worth it. Also, the staff is pretty amazing! Your child is treated like family and is nurtured and encouraged daily. The benefits at Unity are far reaching and long term.
- Posted by Parent - L.N.
We have twin boys who have attended prek3, prek4, and are currently in Kindergarten! Unity has been such a blessing for them. They have always loved going to school everyday. The class sizes are small and the faculty and staff are wonderful. The boys have been learning Spanish and sign language since they started at 3 years old. They love going to chapel and learning more about Jesus every day. My family loves Unity.
- Posted by Parent - Tara James
Unity is an amazing school! Our students so many opportunities to explore - whether in Fine Arts, Drama, Athletics, Academics, Missions, or Spiritual formation. Unity possesses a caring faculty and staff that nurture and challenge students on a daily basis. The curriculum and academic rigor prepare our students well for their college education as well. I have heard many a professor positively comment on a Unity graduates preparedness for college in their classes along with recent graduates who comment that they are ahead of the game with their college classes.And there are now opportunities for hosting international students! Students from South Korea have been attending Unity for 2 years and its been a great experience.We have had the pleasure of sending our four children to Unity for the past 8 years and could not think of a better place for them to receive their primary education. The school truly partners with parents accommodating all types of learning styles as well. We could not he happierUnity is the only ACSI certified preschool in Rome, GA as well.
- Posted by Parent - Mr. K
I have been very pleased with the education that my daughter is getting at Unity Christian School. The teachers and support staff are amazing. We are always met with a friendly smile and they have made my daughter's transition from home daycare to prek so easy.
- Posted by Parent - Addie
I love this school! All of the teachers are amazing and we appreciate them so much - they truly pour their hearts into our children. One of my favorite things is the sense of community. The older kids invest in the younger kids' lives, know their names, and make them feel special. I also love how they teach to the whole person - spiritually, physically, and mentally. They have high standards in education, but have worked one on one with my children as needed. They have PE and sports, and crossfit for kids. And they have lots of art and STEM opportunities, plus amazing technological advances.
- Posted by Parent - J Tyson
I love this place!!! I have never been more excited to wake up everyday and come to work. The staff, teachers, coaches, and the kids are always so kind and mannerly. GO LIONS!
- Posted by Teacher - Sydney Bush
Cannot say enough good things about Unity Christian. We have been here over 7 years, have 3 children in the school, and each year that passes I am more and more grateful for the atmosphere and education of UCS. It is like a family, there is such a commitment on the part of the faculty to our kids.. I am particularly grateful as the kids enter middle school and high school, this is where I see the real fruit and difference that this school and education have had not just on my kids but on my whole family. Thankful to be here.
- Posted by Parent - R. T.
We LOVE Unity Christian School. My 5th grader has been attending Unity since K4 and I couldn't be happier with the quality education she receives from the caring and dedicated teachers at UCS. This school is the very best fit for our family with a safe, supportive environment, small class sizes, great sports and fine arts programs, and a fantastic curriculum. Looking forward to the next 7 years at UCS!
- Posted by Parent - Kelli Barnes
Excellent school! We moved to Rome last year and we re so blessed we landed at UCS! The faculty is amazing!!!! Excellent value!
- Posted by Parent - Kelly O
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.