- University Prep is an independent, co-educational, non-sectarian day school for grades six through twelve.
- We offer a quality college preparation education to a diverse group of students.
- That education includes uniformly excellent academics, arts, athletics, and co-curricular activities, allowing each person to chart a distinctive path in pursuit of an abiding interest or an adventure into the unknown.
- Beyond academics, we believe in the broader concerns of life preparation, focusing on respect for self and others, effective problem-solving, and mature decision-making.
- Students discover the value of diversity and the importance of giving back to their community.
- University Prep is committed to developing each student's potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||540 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Our family experience with University Prep has been very positive. The high quality of educators and administrators have offered to our children an amazing academic program and the socio-emotional support appropriate for their teen years. I have been impressed with the content of the curriculum and the great variety of engaging courses that students can take. The approach is experiential and presents many different options in arts and athletic opportunities. The local, national, and global educational opportunities are incredible as students learn and explore cultures while developing critical thinking and understanding of diversity and social justice issues. U Prep commitment and approach to equity and inclusion fits our family values. Finally, the level of community building and the thoughtful communication to parents makes the experience at U Prep welcoming to families. We love this school!
- Posted by Parent - OY
As an alum of University Prep who graduated 23 years ago, my review is based on my experience looking back at my time at the school. I can say it was one of the best experiences I had. I made life long friends, had a happy high school experience, got opportunities to do things that I never would have at a larger public school (i.e. played sports, participated in musicals and dramas, traveled to different countries through programs offered...etc.). Although the school has gotten bigger and changed in many ways, the culture and teachers I experienced remains true today as it did more than 20-years ago. If you have the opportunity to attend you prep I would highly recommend it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Class of 1996