- University Prep is an independent, co-educational, non-sectarian day school for grades six through twelve.
- We offer a quality college preparation education to a diverse group of students.
- That education includes uniformly excellent academics, arts, athletics, and co-curricular activities, allowing each person to chart a distinctive path in pursuit of an abiding interest or an adventure into the unknown.
- Beyond academics, we believe in the broader concerns of life preparation, focusing on respect for self and others, effective problem-solving, and mature decision-making.
- Students discover the value of diversity and the importance of giving back to their community.
- University Prep is committed to developing each student's potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||505 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 730 students
1201 E Union Street
Seattle, WA 98122
SeattleGrades: 5-12 | 836 students
14050 1st Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98125
SeattleGrades: K-12 | 580 students
3400 E Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98112
SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 493 students
1415 Summit Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
RedmondGrades: 5-12 | 527 students
20301 NE 108th Street
Redmond, WA 98053
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.