5.00 (1 review)
- University Prep is an independent, co-educational, non-sectarian day school for grades six through twelve.
- We offer a quality college preparation education to a diverse group of students.
- That education includes uniformly excellent academics, arts, athletics, and co-curricular activities, allowing each person to chart a distinctive path in pursuit of an abiding interest or an adventure into the unknown.
- Beyond academics, we believe in the broader concerns of life preparation, focusing on respect for self and others, effective problem-solving, and mature decision-making.
- Students discover the value of diversity and the importance of giving back to their community.
- University Prep is committed to developing each student's potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||540 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
As an alum of University Prep who graduated 23 years ago, my review is based on my experience looking back at my time at the school. I can say it was one of the best experiences I had. I made life long friends, had a happy high school experience, got opportunities to do things that I never would have at a larger public school (i.e. played sports, participated in musicals and dramas, traveled to different countries through programs offered...etc.). Although the school has gotten bigger and changed in many ways, the culture and teachers I experienced remains true today as it did more than 20-years ago. If you have the opportunity to attend you prep I would highly recommend it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Class of 1996
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.