Urbana Montessori Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Montessori School in Villages of Urbana, in Frederick County, MD. We offer Full day Montessori environment with extended enrichment program for 3-6 years young children.
- We are opening a bigger Montessori school in between Clarksburg, Maryland and Urbana at Hyattstown for the Fall 2012 school year at Hyatt center. Check www.GreenValleyMontessori.com for updates and admission information.
Urbana Montessori Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||9 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Sangi Krishnaswamy|
- Montessori School in Villages of Urbana, in Frederick County, MD. We offer Full day Montessori environment with extended enrichment program for 3-6 years young children. We have 2 teachers for 8 children with a head teacher with Montessori certification and prior work experience in a private school.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frederick Grades: NS-K
3825 Carriage Hill Drive
Frederick, MD 21704
(240)699-0006 0.6 NS-K
- Clarksburg Grades: NS-K | 80 students
1896, Urbana Pike, Suite 23.
Clarksburg, MD 20871
(301)874-1896 3.9 NS-K
- Frederick Grades: 3-12 | 25 students
4540 Mack Ave B
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)698-5665 4.7 3-12
- Frederick Grades: NS-PK
5220 Chairmans Court
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)631-1722 4.8 NS-PK
I have had three children go through Urbana Montessori and will transition one to Green Valley Montessori with this school. Our children have benefitted tremendously from Ms. Sangi's program and our so grateful to have found it!
- Posted by Parent - nilap
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.