Ventura Montessori School
Tel: (805) 642-9567
- Ventura Montessori School is committed to provide each child the opportunity to fulfill his/her potential possibilities to become an independent, secure and balanced human being.
- It is our belief that any method of education should not be to fill the child with facts from a pre-selected course of studies, but rather cultivate his/her natural desire to learn and to help the child help himself/herself, enabling him/her to act independent from the adult.
- The Montessori method is unique, not only in its scientific approach to fulfilling a child's mental and physical needs, but also in the way it encourages a maturity of behavior in a child and his/her development of self-discipline and self-esteem.
- The resulting positive and enthusiastic attitude, so important to a child's future, is in fact one of the hallmarks of a Montessori child who has had the opportunity to start young.
- It is also our goal to motivate the family to feel a sense of commitment and dedication toward our school.
- By exemplifying high standards of excellence our reputation and sense of individualism will empower us to be the best we can be and surpass anyone's opinion of a good quality school and facility.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,700|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition for full day (9am-2:30pm) students is $470. Monthly tuition for half day (9am-12pm) students is $440.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ventura Grades: PK-3 | 26 students
1239 E. Main Street
Ventura, CA 93001
(805) 648-1437 4 PK-3
- Ojai Grades: PK-3 | 137 students
783 Mcnell Road
Ojai, CA 93023
(805) 646-8184 12.5 PK-3
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?