Waldorf School at Moraine Farm
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm Photo #2 - Starting in early childhood education, through simple and playful environments filled with outdoor experiences, nature, and music, the building blocks for life-long love for learning begin.
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm Photo #3 - Performing arts is an integral part of Waldorf education because dramatic play helps children develop skills in such areas as abstract thinking, literacy, math, and social studies.
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm Photo #4 - Waldorf School at Moraine Farm offers a rigorous and well rounded middle school curriculum, along with opportunities for self-directed exploration.
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm Photo #5 - Movement is an integral part of Waldorf education. The Pioneers" soccer program is co-ed, composed of both middle school boys and girls. The school also offers a basketball program for middle school students. We have a no-tryout, no-cut policy.
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm Photo #6 - Each subject is intertwined with every other, providing nuance, context and deeper meaning for each.
Waldorf School at Moraine Farm Photo #7 - Waldorf education provides a physically, cognitively and emotionally stimulating curriculum, specifically designed for the developmental stage of the child.
- Waldorf Schools offer a unified and experiential approach to education aimed at producing creative, secure, free thinking individuals who can one day take a responsible place in adult society.
- The Waldorf curriculum corresponds to the natural stages of a child's development so that form and content parallel the child's own growth.
- A Waldorf education integrates all the standard academic subjects with a broad background in science and humanities and a consideration of moral principles as well as physical skills.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||Nursery 3 Day (W-F): $9,500 Nursery 5 Day (M-F): $14,400 Kindergarten 5 Day (M-F): $15,900 Grades 1 - 3 : $18,900 Grades 4 - 6 : $19,500 Grades 6 - 8: $21,000|
|Admissions Director||Coleen Ryan|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir/Chorus, Strings Program
- Waldorf Schools offer a unified and holistic approach to education aimed to producing creative, secure, free thinking individuals who can one day take a responsible place in adult society. The Waldorf curriculum corresponds to the natural stages of a child's development so that form and content parallel the child's own growth. A waldorf education integrates all the standard academic subjects witha a broad background in science and humanities and a consideration of moral principles as well as physical skills.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beverly Grades: K-6 | 64 students
35 Conant St
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 921-2888 4.1 K-6
- Beverly Grades: PK-9 | 408 students
545 Cabot Street
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 927-1700 3.6 PK-9
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.