Weddington Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Our Mission: Weddington Christian Academy provides an education of highest academic excellence and Christian spiritual development in a faith community that challenges the mind, prepares the heart, and nurtures the soul; encouraging students and families to represent Christ in action and service.
Weddington Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning Differences, High Functioning Exceptional Children's Class|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our school website to see tuition rates for each grade.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
PE Favorites Clinic, Soccer Clinic
- Thank you for your interest in Weddington Christian Academy. We are a private Christian school located in the heart of Weddington on Providence Road just two miles south of Charlotte. Our mission is to provide quality, Christian education as well as to grow students in a faith walk with Jesus Christ.
- Our school consists of Junior Kindergarten, Kindergarten and grades one through eight. Our class size is small to ensure optimum success. Students are challenged in a structured, yet child-friendly academic environment that combines both whole class instruction and cooperative learning groups. In each of those settings we vary our strategies to engage all types of learning styles. We recognize that learning is a process that builds over time. Therefore, we use tried and proven methods that build self-esteem, confidence, and a strong academic base.
- Teachers, assistants and administrators strive to develop relationships with both students and families. We all seek to grow children in a faith that will encourage them to serve God and others throughout their life. Bible lessons are taught on a daily basis and are integrated into the core subjects. We desire to honor God in our program as we strive to prepare young people to face the future grounded in Biblical principles, strong in academics, and developing key character traits of integrity and responsibility.Thank you for visiting our website. We look forward to serving you.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: PK-9 | 206 students
9536 Blakeney Heath Rd
Charlotte, NC 28277
(704)541-1326 3.1 PK-9
I just started this school and the 1st day I went I felt like I was at home everyone is so sweet and the teacher are amazing I love this school so much I would send your kids there for sure.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kk
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.