Weddington Christian Academy
- Weddington Christian Academy Is A Ministry Of Weddington United Methodist Church.
- Our Mission: Weddington Christian Academy provides an education of highest academic excellence and Christian spiritual development in a faith community that challenges the mind, prepares the heart, and nurtures the soul; encouraging students and families to represent Christ in action and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- WCA endeavors to provide each student with an excellent educational opportunity by using a strong academic program that is taught from the Christian worldview. The small class sizes allow teachers the ability to challenge students to develop their academic gifts and talents through active participation during whole class instruction and discovery learning in small group settings. Key concepts are reinforced while critical thinking skills are encouraged during each of the core classes, including language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and Bible. A safe, nurturing environment combined with high academic standards that are developmentally appropriate encourages students to grow spiritually, academically, and socially. Additionally, Biblical truths that are integrated into daily lessons provide the foundation to a quality, Christian education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CharlotteGrades: NS-9 | 228 students
9536 Blakeney Heath Rd
Charlotte, NC 28277
- MatthewsGrades: K-12 | 188 students
4823 Waxhaw Indian Trail Rd
Matthews, NC 28104
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.