Weddington Christian Academy
- Weddington Christian Academy Is A Ministry Of Weddington United Methodist Church.
- Our Mission: Weddington Christian Academy provides an education of highest academic excellence and Christian spiritual development in a faith community that challenges the mind, prepares the heart, and nurtures the soul; encouraging students and families to represent Christ in action and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- WCA endeavors to provide each student with an excellent educational opportunity by using a strong academic program that is taught from the Christian worldview. The small class sizes allow teachers the ability to challenge students to develop their academic gifts and talents through active participation during whole class instruction and discovery learning in small group settings. Key concepts are reinforced while critical thinking skills are encouraged during each of the core classes, including language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and Bible. A safe, nurturing environment combined with high academic standards that are developmentally appropriate encourages students to grow spiritually, academically, and socially. Additionally, Biblical truths that are integrated into daily lessons provide the foundation to a quality, Christian education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: NS-9 | 228 students
9536 Blakeney Heath Rd
Charlotte, NC 28277
(704)541-1326 3.1 NS-9
- Matthews Grades: K-12 | 175 students
4823 Waxhaw Indian Trail Rd
Matthews, NC 28104
(704)821-9952 4.1 K-12
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.