West Seattle Montessori School & Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
West Seattle Montessori School & Academy Photo #7 - Middle School week long exploration in Ashland Or. Shakespearean festival
- West Seattle Montessori School emphasizes individualized instruction within a carefully prepared environment, which is designed to foster independent learning and exploration on the part of the child.
- This setting allows all kinds of learning to take place.
- The potential of the child is developed in an environment which has a place for everyone.
- West Seattle Montessori School is non-sectarian and non-discriminating. We strive to provide quality education to all children; however, we are not equipped to provide special programs for students with significant emotional, behavioral, social, or learning problems.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||173 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our web site for rates. https://www.westseattlemontessori.com|
|Admissions Director||Heather Aquino|
|Admissions Associate||Brenda Griswold|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: NS-12 | 89 students
5031 University Way Ne
Seattle, WA 98105
(206)427-0115 7.2 NS-12
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 482 students
4142 42nd Ave Sw
Seattle, WA 98116
(206)937-7255 4.6 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 215 students
4456 42nd Ave Sw
Seattle, WA 98116
(206)935-8500 4.4 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: 1-9 | 90 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
(206)709-9500 8 1-9
My family is THRILLED with WSM!!!! Two of my three children attend and we are getting ready to enroll my third. We love the staff who are very dedicated and passionate about students and learning. There are so many opportunities for my children including being able to perform in a play, going on field trips, going on over night trips and being provided hands on learning.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa
West Seattle Montessori School & Academy has created a incredible foundation for my children. We truly have found a school that doesn't just push "common core". They provide a challenging learning environment in and out of the classroom, social and emotional support through all years and have allowed my children to explode in their academics. I have been so grateful to have this school and community..
- Posted by Parent - LL
Since moving here we have been so pleased. West Seattle Montessori School and West Seattle Academy gave my child a new love of learning. Its become so much more then a school for us. WE LOVE IT !
- Posted by Parent - mytue
Nearby Homes for Sale
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.