Westlake Preparatory School & Academy
- Mission Statement Westlake Preparatory School & Academy will create and secure a safe, comfortable, and peaceable school environment where every student will be provided with the best opportunity to learn in an educational format that provides a high degree of academic engagement, organization, motivation and will demonstrate the importance of becoming lifelong learners to ensure both academic and personal success.
- Our Students Westlake Preparatory School offers three academic placements serving a wide range of diverse students.
- College Preparatory Program, Serving gifted, above-average, and average college bound students Summit Point Program,educating mainstreamed students with a documented learning disability with academic intervention and support.
- Westlake Academy provides a year round,individualized,alternative educational modelfor students with specific learning challenges, special needsand developmental disabilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ESE and Special Needs in our Academy Program|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Chemistry,|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform Shirts and Khaki Bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
- Today, after 16 years, Westlake’s combined academic community, Preparatory, Summit Point and Academy, is unique because it provides such a diverse range of academic placements and opportunities, permitting each of our students to be positioned in the best learning environment for them and receive the support, challenges and encouragement needed as they grow in academic ability and personal strength. Westlake is recognized as a good school for all students. We help students reach their academic potential within a safe, uniquely supportive and progressive educational environment. Westlake students are instructed using classroom lecture combined with a preceptorial system of acceleration and enrichment where each student receives personal attention. Westlake's is specially designed to encourage critical thinking and improve each student's academic abilities and study skills. Westlake's curriculum continues through all our grades, elementary, middle and high school as an individually designed college preparatory curriculum. Westlake's students are selected from a wide variety of academic and social backgrounds. It is the goal of Westlake's admissions policy to bring together a diverse `mix' of students with many different skills, academic, artistic, athletic and social.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: K-12 | 140 students
4850 S Pine Island Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: NS-12 | 896 students
5601 N Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12 | 2800 students
12200 W. Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33325
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12
3375 SW 75 Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: 9-12 | 2194 students
2801 Sw 12th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.