- Westside School is West Seattle's premier preschool through eighth grade independent school.
- We offer an inquiry-based, integrated curriculum that includes strong academic basics along with Mandarin, Spanish, PE, music, visual and performing arts.
- Each grade has space for 40 students, with 20 students in a classroom.
- Our Lower School offers a 10:1 student teacher ratio, featuring a teacher and instructional assistant in every classroom.
- Middle School offers STEM, humanities, world languages, and exploratories.
- Middle School students venture out on two outdoor trips a year and participate in interscholastic sports.
- From fifth grade up, we are a one-to-one iPad school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||372 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,800|
|Tuition Notes||Middle School Tuition is $16700|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ted Holmes|
|Admissions Associate||Caitlin Jarvis|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
chess, knitting, science
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Westside School prepares students for the world by challenging them to achieve academic success and by connecting their human spirt and imagination to learning. Westside values:
- High Academic Standards: Our integrated curriculum and small class size challenge each student to succeed at his or her highest level.
- Joyful Learning: Our students are engaged and encouraged by our faculty to use all their unique abilities to succeed academically, think critically and be creative, excited learners.
- A Caring Community: We treat one another with honesty, respect and generosity of spirit.
- A Global Community: Our community embraces and promotes understanding of all kinds of differences - ethnicity, culture, religion and socio-economics.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LynnwoodGrades: NS-8
6515 196th St Sw
Lynnwood, WA 98036
- SeattleGrades: K-5 | 104 students
4105 California Avenue Sw
Seattle, WA 98116
- SeattleGrades: NS-8 | 184 students
1501 10th Avenue E Ste 100
Seattle, WA 98102
- SeattleGrades: NS-K | 39 students
2836 34th Ave West
Seattle, WA 98199