- Westside School is West Seattle's premier preschool through eighth grade independent school.
- We offer an inquiry-based, integrated curriculum that includes strong academic basics along with Mandarin, Spanish, PE, music, visual and performing arts.
- Each grade has space for 40 students, with 20 students in a classroom.
- Our Lower School offers a 10:1 student teacher ratio, featuring a teacher and instructional assistant in every classroom.
- Middle School offers science, math, social studies, language arts, world languages, and exploratories.
- Middle School students venture out on two outdoor trips a year and participate in interscholastic sports.
- From fifth grade up, we are a one-to-one iPad school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||33 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,800|
|Tuition Notes||Middle School Tuition is $16700|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ted Holmes|
|Admissions Associate||Caitlin Jarvis|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
chess, knitting, science
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Westside School prepares students for the world by challenging them to achieve academic success and by connecting their human spirt and imagination to learning. Westside values:
- High Academic Standards: Our integrated curriculum and small class size challenge each student to succeed at his or her highest level.
- Joyful Learning: Our students are engaged and encouraged by our faculty to use all their unique abilities to succeed academically, think critically and be creative, excited learners.
- A Caring Community: We treat one another with honesty, respect and generosity of spirit.
- A Global Community: Our community embraces and promotes understanding of all kinds of differences - ethnicity, culture, religion and socio-economics.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: NS-K | 39 students
2836 34th Ave West
Seattle, WA 98199
(206)282-3848 9.5 NS-K
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.