Tel: (206) 932-2511
- Westside School is West Seattle's premierpreschoolthrougheighth grade independent school.
- We offer an inquiry-based, integrated curriculumthatincludesstrong academic basics along with Mandarin, Spanish,PE,music,visual and performing arts.
- Each grade has space for 40 students, with 20 studentsinaclassroom.
- Our Lower School offers a 10:1 student teacher ratio,featuringateacher and instructional assistant in everyclassroom.
- Middle School offers science, math, socialstudies,languagearts, world languages, and exploratories.
- Middle School students venture out on two outdoor tripsayearand participate in interscholastic sports.
- From fifth grade up, we are a one-to-one iPad school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||33 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,800|
|Tuition Notes||Middle School Tuition is $16700|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ted Holmes|
|Admissions Associate||Caitlin Jarvis|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
chess, knitting, science
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Westside School prepares students for the worldbychallengingthem to achieve academic success and by connectingtheirhumanspirt and imagination to learning. Westside values:
- High Academic Standards: Our integrated curriculumandsmallclass size challenge each student to succeed at his orherhighestlevel.
- Joyful Learning: Our students are engaged and encouragedbyourfaculty to use all their unique abilities tosucceedacademically,think critically and be creative,excitedlearners.
- A Caring Community: We treat one another withhonesty,respectand generosity of spirit.
- A Global Community: Our community embracesandpromotesunderstanding of all kinds of differences -ethnicity,culture,religion and socio-economics.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: NS-PK | 40 students
2836 34th Ave West
Seattle, WA 98199
(206) 282-3848 9.5 NS-PK
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.