Woodinville Montessori School - Woodinville PK-K Campus
Woodinville Montessori School - Woodinville PK-K Campus Photo #3 - Our Montessori Early Childhood classrooms allow the child to learn in a place of beauty, order and rich opportunity. The emphasis on beauty is out of respect for the child's developing aesthetic sense. Attention to orderly preparation of the environment minimizes the frustration that occurs when things aren't ready to use or when an adult needs to help.
Woodinville Montessori School - Woodinville PK-K Campus Photo #4 - Parents and students get together each year on Earth Day, to beautify the Woodinville campus.
Woodinville Montessori School - Woodinville PK-K Campus Photo #5 - One of the gardens on the Woodinville campus where the Early Childhood (preschool and Kindergarten) children, ages 3-6, enjoy all of the hands-on experiences that gardening provides.
Woodinville Montessori School - Woodinville PK-K Campus Photo #8 - A view of the WMS, Woodinville campus' West Building, the home of two Early Childhood (preschool and Kindergarten) classrooms, conveniently located off of the Woodinville-Redmond Road close to downtown Woodinville, WA with access to Hwy 522 and I-405.
- Offering programs for toddler through high school, WMS has campuses in Woodinville and North Creek-Bothell. The Woodinville campus serves only Early Childhood students, while the Bothell-North Creek campus serves Toddlers through 12th-graders. Through trained Montessori teachers, prepared multi-age classrooms, hands-on Montessori materials, and thoughfully developed curriculum, students at Woodinville Montessori love learning! They are consistently known for their academic achievement, organization and work skills, ability to work in groups, broad range of interests and global awareness.
- Learn more on the school's website, where you'll find details about the program and current tuition information.
- Please see the separate profile for our Woodinville Montessori School North Creek campus.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,360|
|Tuition Notes||The cost above is the top tuition rate for Early Childhood, for five full days a week . Half-day rates vary from $10,460-$12,160 at the Woodinville campus.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Schwarz|
|Admissions Associate||Labiba Khan|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Extracurriculars Vary by Age and by Session|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Amazing Athletes, Soccer Skills, Yoga
- Offering programs for toddler through high school, the school has campuses in Woodinville and North Creek-Bothell. The Woodinville campus serves only Early Childhood students, while the Bothell-North Creek campus serves Toddlers through 12th-graders. Founded in 1983, Woodinville Montessori School is known for its high educational standards, personalized educational experience, excellent teachers, and low student/teacher ratios. Woodinville Montessori strives to create an environment that fosters strong collaboration between students, parent and the school, develops strong personal values and cooperative social skills, instills a lifelong commitment to give something back through service to others, and celebrates and honors diversity. The school also encourages participation in supplementary programs, such as Club House, before- and after-school care, summer and vacation programs, extracurricular activities and field trips or classroom enrichment programs varying according to age level and the topics under study.
- Woodinville Montessori School serves 400 students in toddler, early childhood (preschool and kindergarten), lower elementary, upper elementary, and secondary (junior high and high school) programs. Our Woodinville Montessori High School graduated its first high school senior classes in 2017 and 2018. The school employs roughly 79 faculty members and staff, and occupies four buildings on two campuses, one in downtown Woodinville, and the main campus in Bothell. The school has received full accreditation from both the Northwest Association of Independent School (NWAIS) and the American Montessori Society (AMS).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: NS-12 | 1037 students
1601 98th Ave Ne
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)454-4402 8.9 NS-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.