Visitation Catholic STEM Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Visitation Catholic STEM Academy Photo #5 - Students learn geometry skills with shapes on the light table.
- Offering PreK through 8th grade, Visitation has been teaching students in Tacoma since 1925.
- We are the only Catholic STEM elementary/middle school in the Northwest.The education your child receives at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy offers a unique perspective on the moral, ethical, and responsible use of science, technology, engineering and math.
- From programming Finch robots in the STEM lab to challenging language arts lessons to creative outlets such as band, drawing and drama, the school promotes interactive learning with strong Christian values.
- VCSA teaches students to integrate Faith and Reason in the study of real-world problems. Flexible tuition payment plans and need-based scholarships available.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,042|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts for in-parish and multiple children. Tuition assistance available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Margie Mykland|
|Admissions Associate||Margie Mykland|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Robotics (periodically), student council, yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
advanced band, beginning band, dramatic and musical productions
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Volleyball
- Visitation Catholic STEM Academy prepares students to engage the world of today through its focus on science, technology, engineering and math. VCSA students learn to integrate faith and reason in the study of real-world problems, to understand how the world works through science, the arts, and religion, and to live out their Catholic faith in service to the greater community. VCSA and the Visitation parish community work in collaboration with multiple partners to 1) Integrate STEM across all curricula; 2) Solve problems and think critically in all course work; 3) Discover and explore beyond the boundaries of our classrooms; 4) Employ new technologies and design solutions to real-world problems; 5) Inspire connections between questions of faith and reason; 6) Create connections to humanities such as languages, literature, philosophy, religion, and visual and performing arts; and 7) Incorporate affiliations with local businesses, the military, and industries in aerospace and technology throughout the greater Puget Sound. Offering classes in PreKindergarten (with a Reggio Emila-based curriculum) through 8th grade, VCSA has a flexible tuition payment model and need-based scholarships. Before- and after-school care is available.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tacoma Grades: NS-8 | 532 students
7112 S 12th St
Tacoma, WA 98465
(253)564-5185 4.1 NS-8
My four children have been attending visitation since they were in pre-K. The diversity of the students, the caring of the staff and the amazing community make it a worthwhile endeavor. Since the stem program has started my kids have done more project-based learning and have grown in their math and science skills more than any of there friends and family in public school. The administration works hard to make tuition affordable and you always know what is going on within your student's classroom because of the constant communication. The new principal is in his second year and is amazing.
- Posted by Parent - Daniel
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.