Wyoming Seminary Lower School
- Within an exponentially changing world, Wyoming Seminary dares to teach our students to honor and strive for the true, the beautiful and the good.
- As a college preparatory school, Wyoming Seminary seeks to create active learners, responsible citizens, community leaders and ethical individuals ready to take their place in the global community of the 21st century.
- True to our traditions and our values, Wyoming Seminary is committed to supporting promising students from varied backgrounds.
- Our curriculum emphasizes competition and collaboration, critical thinking and creativity, self-respect and respect for others.
- We challenge our students to discover their talents and their passions by offering an integrated program rich in artistic, athletic, and extracurricular opportunities that complement the school's core commitment to academic excellence, personal integrity, spiritual growth and community service..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies from toddler class to eighth grade, ranging from $6,400 to $20,100. For more information visit http://www.wyomingseminary.org/page.cfm?p=1132|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,600|
|Admissions Director||Tiffany Maakestad|
|Admissions Associate||Kathryn Mercado|
|Endowment Size||60.6 million|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Blue and White teams, Chorus and Select Chorus, Community Service, Greener is Smarter, Lower School Band, MathCounts Team, Middle School Players, Science Research Group, Student government, Yearbook Yearbook, Blue and White teams,|
Chorus and Select Chorus,
Greener is Smarter,
Lower School Band,
Middle School Players,
Science Research Group,
- Seek Truth. Embrace Beauty. Model Goodness.
- Wyoming Seminary's motto, "Verum, Pulchrum, Bonum," translated from Latin, means The True, The Beautiful, The Good. Throughout Sem's history, these words have touched the very core of who we are, influenced how we act, and distinguished us as an institution. We teach students that character matters and stress the importance of accepting others who look and think differently than they do, and to stand up for what they believe in. At Sem, we always strive to seek truth, embrace beauty, and model goodness as citizens of the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilkes BarreGrades: PK-8 | 405 students
242 S Washington St
Wilkes Barre, PA 18701
- DallasGrades: K-9 | 304 students
40 Machell Ave
Dallas, PA 18612
- Clarks SummitGrades: PK-12 | 108 students
660 Griffin Pond Rd
Clarks Summit, PA 18411
- FreelandGrades: 6-12 | 247 students
154 Centre St
Freeland, PA 18224
- KingstonGrades: K-12
1 Institute Lane
Kingston, PA 18704