YingHua International School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Looking for more from your school YingHua International School (YHIS) is the area`s oldest Chinese Immersion Early Learning through Grade 8 school. YHIS is a certified International Baccalaureate World School (IB) and is accredited by the MSA-CESS. Imagine your child on an amazing and ambitious journey in dual language education.
- Chinese Immersion teaches bilingual fluency and cross-cultural competency to prepare for an expanding global economy. We accept students as young as 2 years old. Mid-year entries are welcome. No Chinese background is necessary for any age or grade level.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Felicia Pan-Fea|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Tan|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Club, Engineering & Technology Club, Math League, Science Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Dance, Drama Club, Enriched Art Class, String Instrument Instruction
- Why do parents choose YHIS: English-Chinese Immersion School of Princeton *Bilingual education results in superior academic achievement*Children have immense capacity to absorb languages*Chinese and NON Chinese families learn Chinese language*Highly Trained University educated YHIS teachers*Full and half day classes with optional before and after care
- YHIS` inquiry-based classes are well-suited for all learning styles and abilities. YHIS students come from all backgrounds and truly embrace equity among cultures and peoples. Not only do YingHua International School students become highly proficient in both English and Chinese, they develop positive cross-cultural attitudes while reaching a high level of academic achievement. In addition, our young learners benefit cognitively, exhibiting greater nonverbal problem-solving abilities and more flexible thinking than their one-language peers. YingHua International School students are well-prepared for any secondary school that they choose to attend. They are known to be inquisitive, confident, and self-motivated.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PrincetonGrades: 6-12
116 Stanhope St.
Princeton, NJ 08540
- PrincetonGrades: NS-8 | 208 students
75 Mapleton Rd
Princeton, NJ 08540
- Monmouth JunctionGrades: PK-K | 50 students
890 Ridge Road
Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
- PrincetonGrades: PK-12 | 75 students
2 Merwick Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
- PrincetonGrades: NS-PK | 51 students
450 College Rd. East
Princeton, NJ 08540
My daughter went to YingHua for seven years and I cannot recommend it enough. Joy is a compassionate, inspired, and responsive head of the school. The academics are challenging, but the students love learning because the teachers have the students take the lead. It is truly a combination IB, STEAM, project-based learning curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - Carolyn
This school is amazing. There are so many beautiful things about it it is hard to know where to begin. Children who attend develop full fluency in Chinese and are completely bilingual if not trilingual or speaking 4 languages. The school utilizes the ERB testing model rather than PARCC MODEL. ERB is the test used around the world whereas PARCC IS a test used only in the U.S. The school's use of the ERB model allows parents and others to compare the school on the World Stage and many parents who move internationally use the school for this reason as do parents who want their children to have an international experience in the U.S. The school is not overly focused on testing and yet when they do test they test using and international test, the ERB, so all can see how the school does internationally as we prepare children to be globally competitive and to contribute globally. The school is by far the kindest, most diverse school in the area. The public schools in the U.S. struggle with the diversity question and are less diverse than The school offers free summer camp wherein many of the local public schools - including charters - offer summer camp that is touted as public but is in fact very expensive and only for a few. The school offers the best after-care and full day school program and offers the longest, most-rigorous school year of any school in the area if parents and students take advantage of the free camp program that extends the school year three weeks. PUBLIC school and other schools in the area are not long enough and do not offer a quality full-day of education. Yinghua offers music, lego, martial arts, tennis, chess, mind craft, soccer, art and yoga-mediation as well as classical violin and piano instruction during the day and more modern music with ukelele and during the school day and until 630 p.m. every day. The school is open 730 to 630 and attracts many professional, well-educated parents with global work experience- working people who want the best for their children and understand what is needed for children to be competitive in the workforce globally. The school is k-8 and supports the k-8 model and is a kind place where children are encouraged to mentor each other and there is not an overuse of the lecture method. The school does not over -use technology in the early grades and is not in any unethical relationships with Google or other big tech companies like the West Windsor public schools. It is truly an independent school that puts children and their parents first. and does not cater to the Google lobby. Yinghua really focuses on the basics of reading and math early and with very positive results. The teachers have tons of experience and are not there for the benefits or salary. THey earn less than local public school teachers but are more engaged and you can just see and feel how much they love their jobs - how the job is not just about money or security for them.
- Posted by Parent - Cara
My daughter has been part of the Chinese afterschool program at YingHua for the last four years and she is been learning Chinese in a safe and academically excellent environment. I believe her knowledge of Chinese will be key to her future and YingHua's afterschool Chinese program is the right place to learn it.
- Posted by Parent - Rosa I
The IB curriculum, the opportunity for our child to learn and speak Chinese, the highly skilled and attentive teachers and the responsiveness of the school administration have combined to make us very happy YHIS parents. We highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Elsm17
I have been a YHIS parent since 2008 with three children attending. We have been very pleased with the school's curriculum (IB inquiry based combined with dual language immmersion), strong, attentive teachers and manageable class sizes.
- Posted by Parent - jpb10
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.