Alto International School
- Alto International School believes in the importance of a globally-minded, progressive education.
- Alto is an International Baccalaureate World School in the heart of Silicon Valley and is the only school in the Bay Area offering the International Baccalaureate from preschool through high school.
- Visit AltoSchool.org to learn more and to schedule a visit.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||253 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10 / Jan. 18 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit AltoSchool.org to learn more about tuition and financial aid.|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Tyler and Katharina Glaser|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Choir, Drama Club, French Club, German, Hip Hop Dance, Model UN, Music, Public Speaking, Scratch Programming, Spanish, Student Council, Swiss Club, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, Karate Class, Soccer Clu
- Alto International School believes in the importance of a globally-minded, progressive education. Every day we create a stimulating learning environment for our students who come from all over the world. Students of all ages are exposed to an international mindset and an inquiry-based learning approach.
- Our internationally focused middle and high school offers students a unique preparatory, multilingual education providing them with the necessary skills for university and life beyond. Students are taught in a multilingual environment, graduating with literacy skills in at least two languages.
- For younger students we offer a German-immersion focused preschool and elementary program, educating engaged, independent, and balanced learners.
- At Alto, we believe that the world needs young people eager to take on today`s and tomorrow`s challenges. Alto International School equips students with the skills and confidence to contribute to making our world a better place.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 2 6-12
- Atherton Grades: NS-12
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)322-1866 2.3 NS-12
- Burlingame Grades: PK-12 | 889 students
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)350-4528 14.2 PK-12
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)249-2510 14.1 PK-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.