Alto International School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (650) 324-8617
- We are merging with Silicon Valley International School (formerly International School of the Peninsula). Starting in 2021-22, the joint school will offer German, French, and Chinese language programs for students in preschool through high school. The frameworks of our education program will continue to be the International Baccalaureate leading up to the IB Diploma in grades 11 and 12. We invite you to sign up for admissions events and information sessions for the 2020-2021 school year on the Silicon Valley International School (INTL) website. You can learn more about the merger of Alto International School and INTL on our blog. Alto International School believes in the importance of a globally-minded, progressive education.
- Alto is an International Baccalaureate World School in the heart of Silicon Valley and is the only school in the Bay Area offering the International Baccalaureate from preschool through high school.
- Visit AltoSchool.org to learn more and to schedule a virtual visit.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10 / Jan. 18 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit AltoSchool.org to learn more about tuition and financial aid.|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Tyler|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Choir, Drama Club, French Club, German, Hip Hop Dance, Model UN, Music, Public Speaking, Scratch Programming, Spanish, Student Council, Swiss Club, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, Karate Class, Soccer Club
We are merging with Silicon Valley International School (formerly International School of the Peninsula). Starting in 2021-22, the joint school will offer German, French, and Chinese language programs for students in preschool through high school. The frameworks of our education program will continue to be the International Baccalaureate leading up to the IB Diploma in grades 11 and 12.
- Alto International School believes in the importance of a globally-minded, progressive education. Every day we create a stimulating learning environment for our students who come from all over the world. Students of all ages are exposed to an international mindset and an inquiry-based learning approach.
- Our internationally focused middle and high school offers students a unique preparatory, multilingual education providing them with the necessary skills for university and life beyond. Students are taught in a multilingual environment, graduating with literacy skills in at least two languages.
- At Alto, we believe that the world needs young people eager to take on today`s and tomorrow`s challenges. Alto International School equips students with the skills and confidence to contribute to making our world a better place.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 807 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650) 330-2000 2 6-12
- Atherton Grades: NS-12
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
(650) 322-1866 2.3 NS-12
- Burlingame Grades: 6-12 | 576 students
400 Uplands Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650) 342-4175 11.9 6-12
- Burlingame Grades: PK-12 | 889 students
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650) 350-4528 14.2 PK-12
The school is really fostering critical thinkers and an international perspective. The High School is new, but the IB program prepares the students well for college. Tiny school - so kids get all attention. The downside of a small school: for teenagers will need activities to connect to others.
- Posted by Parent - Anonymous
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.