Yocum Institute For Arts Education
- The Wyomissing Institute of Fine Arts was founded in 1934 by Dr. Chester Wittell, a noted Reading musician.
- In 1935, Mrs. Lila Lerch, the Registrar, became the Managing Director.
- Mrs. Lerch felt a strong responsibility to continue the growth and success of the Institute.
- She purchased the sole ownership from Dr. Wittell and gave the Institute to the community in the form of a non-profit corporation.
- The Institute of the Arts continues to build upon the dreams of its founders.
- The curriculum has expanded to include Visual Art, Dance, Music, Voice, Theater, Language and an Arts-Integrated Preschool and Kindergarten.
- The Institute serves more then 5,000 people annually and strives to provide quality arts based education to Berks and surrounding Counties.
- The Institute of the Arts' mission is to operate an educational facility for the arts in Southeastern Pennsylvania, to provide the best instruction possible, and to provide performance and exhibition opportunity to students of all ages while maintaining a realistic tuition base.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Yocum Institute For Arts Education also viewed these schools: Tutor Time Child Care/learning Center.
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.