York Catholic High School
Tel: (717) 846-8871
York Catholic High School Photo #5 - Students have an opportunity to develop and share their musical and choral talents in an environment where the arts are celebrated and appreciated.
- York Catholic High School is an accredited, co-educational institution operated by the Diocese of Harrisburg for students in grades seven through twelve, residing in York County and surrounding areas.
- We base both our curriculum and our extra-curricular activities on the Gospel values of Jesus Christ as articulated in the Roman Catholic tradition.
- We strive to provide a safe, family-oriented environment that will encourage sound academics and respect for self and others.
- We encourage and challenge all students to develop a mature, faith-filled and moral vision of themselves and their world by nurturing the spiritual, social, intellectual, emotional and physical needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||685 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- York Grades: PK-12 | 268 students
1000 Indian Rock Dam Road
York, PA 17403
(717) 815-6700 1.8 PK-12
- Thomasville Grades: PK-6 | 91 students
115 N Biesecker Rd
Thomasville, PA 17364
(717) 792-0889 7.8 PK-6
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?