Young World Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Young World Day School Photo #2 - Young World Day School offers a Traditional Preschool Program and a Montessori Program. Here is one of our Montessori students working with the moveable alphabet to build language art skills.
Young World Day School Photo #3 - Clifford makes a visit each fall to Young World during our Parent Teacher Group (PTG) led Scholastic Book Fair week.
Young World Day School Photo #4 - Young World Day School has outstanding games and sports offerings during Physical Education and Health classes and hosts special events like a Walk-A-Thon and Field Day.
Young World Day School Photo #5 - Young World Day School has a history of enriching our students' educational experience with the fine arts. Here, students enjoy developing their artistic abilities with an art project during one of many classroom holiday/cultural events.
Young World Day School Photo #6 - At Young World, we believe participating in the 100th Day of School with an original googly eyes masterpiece is just what every Kindergartner needs to experience!
Young World Day School Photo #7 - One of the amazing things about Young World is we offer our students their needed outside playtime so they even go to recess in the snow!
Young World Day School Photo #8 - Students here are hard at work to begin the seedlings for the garden. Led by our Trail Club (outdoor classroom), our classes are able to be involved in the planting, watering, nurturing and caring for our garden...ultimately getting to harvest it!
Young World Day School Photo #9 - Young World partners with local businesses to participate in Earth Day where our students are able to learn about recycling and caring for our earth.
- At Young World Day School - a not-for-profit school serving children from Bergen, Passaic, and Rockland counties - we believe an outstanding Pre-K through grade 6 private school should be dedicated to the educational advancement and personal growth of every child.
- That's why we've created an educational environment that ties instruction and expectations to each student's abilities, rather than their chronological age.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is dependent on grade and preschool schedule.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Technology, Trail Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At Young World Day School - a not-for-profit school serving children from Bergen, Passaic, and Rockland counties - we believe an outstanding Pre-K through grade 6 private school should be dedicated to the educational advancement and personal growth of every child. That's why we've created an educational environment that ties instruction and expectations to each student's abilities, rather than their chronological age.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ramsey Grades: PK-8 | 267 students
187 Wyckoff Ave
Ramsey, NJ 07446
(201)327-1108 0.9 PK-8
My children received an excellent education, as 6th graders they went on to other private schools, and now are attending excellent universities. I attribute their academic success to the strong foundation formed at Young World Day School.
- Posted by Parent - rjzuc
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.