Acorn Learning Center
- Acorn Learning Center was established in 1987, with a mission to provide quality preschool programs for children and their families by facilitating both academic and social growth.
- We believe that education is a process that starts from birth and that establishing an early foundation for learning is essential to a child 's success throughout their academic career.
- The curriculum and the environment in each classroom are set up to promote the wonder of discovery and learning for each child.
- Educationally qualified and experienced teachers provide a warm and challenging atmosphere where children are encouraged to explore and develop to their full potential.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Anna Gonzales|
- Acorn Learning Center believes in providing a developmentally appropriate curriculum based on the individual needs of a child. All learning experiences are interactive and child-centered. Curriculum goals are established for each classroom based on the developmental hallmarks of the age group. We incorporate into our curriculum a variety of experiences that will motivate and stimulate each child to become active, life-long learners. We hope to foster in children the sense of joy and wonder that is an essential part of early childhood years. We strive to provide a caring and nurturing environment in which all children can feel capable and loved.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Grades: K-8 | 628 students
435 La Gonda Way
Danville, CA 94526
(925)837-2977 0.8 K-8
- Danville Grades: NS-PK | 20 students
421 Montcrest Place
Danville, CA 94526
(925)837-2969 1.5 NS-PK
- Danville Grades: 6-12 | 490 students
2100 Mt Diablo Scenic Blvd
Danville, CA 94506
(925)837-5375 2.1 6-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.