Garden Montessori School
- Garden Montessori School is a corporation, licensed by the State of California to serve 24 children ages 3-6.
- We try to provide each child with a structured environment in which he can freely develop.
- Structure is important in order to set boundaries that help the child focus on the task at hand.
- With clearly defined limits, a child is free to act without continuously needing to test the limits.
- Children are very accepting of limits if they are explained, understood, and consistent.
- Freedom is necessary in order for each child to be able to develop at his own pace, to choose the activity that interests and challenges him at a particular point in his development.
- With a range of almost three years within the group, the skill and interest level is different for each child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Grades: K-8 | 628 students
435 La Gonda Way
Danville, CA 94526
(925)837-2977 0.6 K-8
- Danville Grades: NS-PK | 66 students
Danville, CA 94526
(925)837-1145 1.5 NS-PK
- San Ramon Grades: PK-K | 77 students
18868 Bollinger Canyon Rd
San Ramon, CA 94583
(925)820-2515 3.4 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.