Aquinas High School
- Aquinas High School is a community of faith and learning rooted in the Catholic tradition and committed to excellence in the education of young women - mind and heart, body and spirit.
- Since its founding by the Dominican Sisters of Sparkill in 1923, Aquinas has welcomed each new wave of New York City's population, finding the face of God in each new set of features and forming a body of Aquinas women with a heart for the whole human family.
- Through a challenging curriculum with a broad spectrum of co-curricular activities and community service, Aquinas calls forth women who are confident, knowledgeable and committed to building a better world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||613 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 488 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 696 students
2250 Williamsbridge Rd
Bronx, NY 10469
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 362 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
- BronxGrades: 9-12
1725 Castle Hill Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 22, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.