Ascension Lutheran Church Nursery School
- Ascension Nursery School holds certification from the Maryland State Board of Education.
- The school received an award for being the Outstanding Baltimore County Childcare Center by Abilities Network in 2004.
- Teachers and Class Size in order to promote individualized attentions for each student, our class sizes are limited, and each class is staffed by a lead teacher and an assistant teacher.
- Students also receive specialized instruction from our school music teacher and a science/art teacher.
- Our lead teachers are highly qualified college graduates and our assistant teachers have completed Early Childhood Education coursework.
- Our mission is to provide a nurturing environment addressing the needs of the total child through developmentally appropriate teaching strategies and age appropriate learning experiences which encourage social, emotional, spiritual and academic growth.
- The school arranges for special programs presented by community resources, such as visits from the Baltimore Zoo.
- The 4 year-old classes participate in popular field trips to performances at Goucher and visits to local nature centers.
- Parents are invited to participate in special events in each classroom as well as parent/teacher conferences.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by class.|
- 2's, 3's, 4's classes
- All classes MSDE Approved
- Large sunny classrooms
- Fully equiped playground
- Hightly qualified caring teachers
- Mid-Day enrichment programs offerd as extension to regular classes
- Age appropriate learning experiences encouraging: Social, Emotional, Spiritual, and Academic GROWTH
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 268 students
6432 York Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
- RiderwoodGrades: PK-K | 101 students
Po Box 27
Riderwood, MD 21139
- TowsonGrades: NS | 102 students
400 W Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
- BaltimoreGrades: NS-K | 124 students
5826 York Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
- Owings MillsGrades: NS-PK | 110 students
9720 Watts Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Nearby Homes for Sale
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.