Ascension Lutheran Church Nursery School
Tel: (410) 825-1725
- Ascension Nursery School holds certification from the Maryland State Board of Education.
- The school received an award for being the Outstanding Baltimore County Childcare Center by Abilities Network in 2004.
- Teachers and Class Size in order to promote individualized attentions for each student, our class sizes are limited, and each class is staffed by a lead teacher and an assistant teacher.
- Students also receive specialized instruction from our school music teacher and a science/art teacher.
- Our lead teachers are highly qualified college graduates and our assistant teachers have completed Early Childhood Education coursework.
- Our mission is to provide a nurturing environment addressing the needs of the total child through developmentally appropriate teaching strategies and age appropriate learning experiences which encourage social, emotional, spiritual and academic growth.
- The school arranges for special programs presented by community resources, such as visits from the Baltimore Zoo.
- The 4 year-old classes participate in popular field trips to performances at Goucher and visits to local nature centers.
- Parents are invited to participate in special events in each classroom as well as parent/teacher conferences.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by class.|
- 2's, 3's, 4's classes
- All classes MSDE Approved
- Large sunny classrooms
- Fully equiped playground
- Hightly qualified caring teachers
- Mid-Day enrichment programs offerd as extension to regular classes
- Age appropriate learning experiences encouraging: Social, Emotional, Spiritual, and Academic GROWTH
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Towson Grades: PK-K | 48 students
1105 Providence Rd
Towson, MD 21286
(410) 836-0833 2.4 PK-K
- Towson Grades: PK-8 | 445 students
8501 Loch Raven Blvd
Towson, MD 21286
(410) 668-8466 2.2 PK-8
- Towson Grades: NS | 102 students
400 W Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
(410) 337-2762 1 NS
- Baltimore Grades: NS-PK | 85 students
419 Cedarcroft Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
(410) 435-0905 1.3 NS-PK
- Baltimore Grades: PK-1 | 113 students
5603 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 435-9510 1.8 PK-1
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.