Ascension Lutheran Church Nursery School
- Ascension Nursery School holds certification from the Maryland State Board of Education.
- The school received an award for being the Outstanding Baltimore County Childcare Center by Abilities Network in 2004.
- Teachers and Class Size in order to promote individualized attentions for each student, our class sizes are limited, and each class is staffed by a lead teacher and an assistant teacher.
- Students also receive specialized instruction from our school music teacher and a science/art teacher.
- Our lead teachers are highly qualified college graduates and our assistant teachers have completed Early Childhood Education coursework.
- Our mission is to provide a nurturing environment addressing the needs of the total child through developmentally appropriate teaching strategies and age appropriate learning experiences which encourage social, emotional, spiritual and academic growth.
- The school arranges for special programs presented by community resources, such as visits from the Baltimore Zoo.
- The 4 year-old classes participate in popular field trips to performances at Goucher and visits to local nature centers.
- Parents are invited to participate in special events in each classroom as well as parent/teacher conferences.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by class.|
- 2's, 3's, 4's classes
- All classes MSDE Approved
- Large sunny classrooms
- Fully equiped playground
- Hightly qualified caring teachers
- Mid-Day enrichment programs offerd as extension to regular classes
- Age appropriate learning experiences encouraging: Social, Emotional, Spiritual, and Academic GROWTH
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Towson Grades: NS | 49 students
1105 Providence Rd
Towson, MD 21286
(410)337-7003 2.4 NS
- Towson Grades: NS-8 | 462 students
8501 Loch Raven Blvd
Towson, MD 21286
(410)668-8466 2.2 NS-8
- Towson Grades: NS | 102 students
400 W Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
(410)337-2762 1 NS
- Baltimore Grades: NS-PK | 85 students
419 Cedarcroft Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
(410)435-0905 1.3 NS-PK
- Baltimore Grades: PK-1 | 121 students
5603 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)435-9510 1.8 PK-1
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.