Govans Presbyterian Preschool
Tel: (410) 435-8189
- We are a Maryland State Department of Education approved preschool providing care for children ages two through five.
- We serve a diverse community and have many students from other countries attend the preschool.
- Parents enjoy the flexibility offered in our Extended Care program.
- Our program is developmentally appropriate and prepares children for both public and private schools in the area.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by class and hours of attendance. Full time care also provided.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Pamela G. Ferguson|
- Govans Presbyterian Preschool offers both full time and part time care for children ages 2 through 5. The Preshool hours are from 9:15 until 12:00. We have three classes for two year-olds. One meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings with the option of a longer day. The other classes are for children who need full time care. The are two classes of three year-old children. One meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. The second class meets five mornings and most of the children stay for afternoon care. Our PreK/4's class is for younger fours and our PreK/Kindergarten class is for older fours and five year-olds. Extended care hours are available for all classes from 7:30 until 5:30. Our Extended Day program is very flexible. Children may enroll for full time care or come only as needed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Towson Grades: NS | 102 students
400 W Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
(410) 337-2762 2.7 NS
- Baltimore Grades: NS-PK | 85 students
419 Cedarcroft Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
(410) 435-0905 0.5 NS-PK
- Cockeysville Grades: PK-K | 216 students
116 Ashland Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030
(410) 527-1845 9.3 PK-K
- Kingsville Grades: PK-12 | 261 students
6415 Mount Vista Rd
Kingsville, MD 21087
(410) 592-9625 10.7 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.