Govans Presbyterian Preschool
- We are a Maryland State Department of Education approved preschool providing care for children ages two through five.
- We serve a diverse community and have many students from other countries attend the preschool.
- Parents enjoy the flexibility offered in our Extended Care program.
- Our program is developmentally appropriate and prepares children for both public and private schools in the area.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by class and hours of attendance. Full time care also provided.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Pamela G. Ferguson|
- Govans Presbyterian Preschool offers both full time and part time care for children ages 2 through 5. The Preshool hours are from 9:15 until 12:00. We have three classes for two year-olds. One meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings with the option of a longer day. The other classes are for children who need full time care. The are two classes of three year-old children. One meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. The second class meets five mornings and most of the children stay for afternoon care. Our PreK/4's class is for younger fours and our PreK/Kindergarten class is for older fours and five year-olds. Extended care hours are available for all classes from 7:30 until 5:30. Our Extended Day program is very flexible. Children may enroll for full time care or come only as needed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TowsonGrades: NS | 102 students
400 W Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
- KingsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 261 students
6415 Mount Vista Rd
Kingsville, MD 21087
- CockeysvilleGrades: PK-K | 216 students
116 Ashland Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030
- BaltimoreGrades: NS-PK | 85 students
419 Cedarcroft Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
- Lutherville TimoniumGrades: PK-KG | 166 students
100 E Ridgely Rd
Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.