Govans Presbyterian Preschool
Tel: (410) 435-8189
- We are a Maryland State Department of Education approved preschool providing care for children ages two through five.
- We serve a diverse community and have many students from other countries attend the preschool.
- Parents enjoy the flexibility offered in our Extended Care program.
- Our program is developmentally appropriate and prepares children for both public and private schools in the area.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by class and hours of attendance. Full time care also provided.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Pamela G. Ferguson|
- Govans Presbyterian Preschool offers both full time and part time care for children ages 2 through 5. The Preshool hours are from 9:15 until 12:00. We have three classes for two year-olds. One meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings with the option of a longer day. The other classes are for children who need full time care. The are two classes of three year-old children. One meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. The second class meets five mornings and most of the children stay for afternoon care. Our PreK/4's class is for younger fours and our PreK/Kindergarten class is for older fours and five year-olds. Extended care hours are available for all classes from 7:30 until 5:30. Our Extended Day program is very flexible. Children may enroll for full time care or come only as needed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Towson Grades: NS | 102 students
400 W Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
(410) 337-2762 2.7 NS
- Baltimore Grades: NS-PK | 85 students
419 Cedarcroft Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
(410) 435-0905 0.5 NS-PK
- Cockeysville Grades: PK-K | 216 students
116 Ashland Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030
(410) 527-1845 9.3 PK-K
- Kingsville Grades: PK-12 | 261 students
6415 Mount Vista Rd
Kingsville, MD 21087
(410) 592-9625 10.7 PK-12
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.