A Child's Place
The Preschool-Twos and Threes, Pre-K and Kindergarten programs at A Child's Place promote each child's emotional, social, cognitive and physical development through a holistic approach.
We offer small class sizes (1:8 ratio, 16 students) for 60 children that includes students from all over the world.
Our location on the campus of Notre Dame of Maryland University offers unique educational opportunities as a lab school including the frequent use of the beautiful, parklike environment to take learning outside.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Students: 60 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,250
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
tuition is paid monthly ($1225) with no additional cost for before and after school care.
- Using the Maryland Early Learning Standards as a foundation our curriculum, we provide parents and teachers with a common understanding of what children should know and be able to do during their early years. Experiences at ACP promote the child`s development in the following domains: Language and Literacy, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, the Arts, Social Foundations, Physical Well-Being and Motor Development. Developmentally appropriate practices are implemented to address the individual needs and strengths of every child. Play is an organizing framework for children to investigate and build knowledge.
Profile last updated:
Endorse A Child's Place. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Reasons Why You Might Change Schools
Here are five reasons why you might want to change schools.
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.