A Child's Place
- The Preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten programs at A Child's Place promote each child's emotional, social, cognitive and physical development through a holistic approach.
- We offer small class sizes (1:8 ratio, 16 students) for 60 children that includes students from all over the world.
- Our location on the campus of Notre Dame of Maryland University offers unique educational opportunities as a lab school including the frequent use of the beautiful, parklike environment to take learning outside.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,150|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition with no additional cost for before and after school care.|
- Using the Maryland Early Learning Standards as a foundation our curriculum, we provide parents and teachers with a common understanding of what children should know and be able to do during their early years. Experiences at ACP promote the child`s development in the following domains: Language and Literacy, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, the Arts, Social Foundations, Physical Well-Being and Motor Development. Developmentally appropriate practices are implemented to address the individual needs and strengths of every child. Play is an organizing framework for children to investigate and build knowledge.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: K-8
105 Tuscany Rd
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)243-6054 1 K-8
- Baltimore Grades: PK-K | 36 students
5401 Frankford Ave
Baltimore, MD 21205
(410)488-5653 4.3 PK-K
- Bowie Grades: PK-K | 110 students
3120 Belair Drive
Bowie, MD 20715
(301)262-9167 26.8 PK-K
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.