Our location on the campus of Notre Dame of Maryland University offers unique educational opportunities as a lab school including the frequent use of the beautiful, park-like environment to take learning outside.
The Preschool-Two's and Three's, Pre-K and Kindergarten programs at A Child's Place promote each child's emotional, social, cognitive and physical development through a holistic approach.
We offer small class sizes (1:8 ratio, 16 students) for 50 children that includes students from all over the world.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 37 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,380
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is paid monthly with no additional cost for before and after school care.
- Using the Maryland Early Learning Standards as a foundation ourcurriculum, we provideparents and teachers with a common understanding of what children should know and be able to do during their early years. Experiences at ACP promote the child`s development in the following domains: Language and Literacy, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, the Arts, Social Foundations, Physical Well-Being and Motor Development. Developmentally appropriate practices are implemented to address the individual needs and strengths of every child. Play is an organizing framework for children to investigate and build knowledge.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does A Child's Place cost?
A Child's Place's tuition is approximately $19,380 for private students.
Does A Child's Place offer a summer program?
Yes, A Child's Place offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for A Child's Place?
The application deadline for A Child's Place is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
We love a Child's Place - it offers such a warm and nurturing space for play and learning for all 4 of my children. From the nature walks around campus, to the shaded playground - the program offers so much to support little people's imagination, fun, and play.
ACP has been great for our son. He loves Miss Anita, and he's been growing academically by leaps and bounds.
We feel so blessed to have stumbled on this absolute gem! We've had experience with nannies and several other high-quality early learning centers, but the level of experience ACP teachers bring is unparalleled. Most of the teachers have been here for 30+ years and it shows. The hours are great and the cost is typical of other centers we considered. I can't recommend it highly enough!
Endorse A Child's Place. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.