Atlanta Girls' School
- We are Atlanta Girls` School. We prepare girls for college. We help each girl develop a deeper sense of self, a firm command of her own voice, and the understanding that she is able and impelled to influence change in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 27 / Feb. 10|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,330|
|Tuition Notes||$23,330 tuition does not include additional uniform, books, technology or global travel fees|
|Admissions Director||Cassandra Streich|
|Admissions Associate||Katie Vesser Strangis|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- In a world becoming exponentially more complex, girls will face challenges that cannot be solved with traditional methods alone. They will need to be curious, creative, collaborative, and confident. At Atlanta Girls` School, we teach girls to be world-class problem solvers. Our curriculum and culture emerge from a distinct vision of what girls must learn individually and collectively to become thoughtful and capable leaders. We achieve this by using proven and emerging educational techniques tailored to how girls learn, integrating big-picture thinking, high expectations, and leading-edge technologies. More than any other school in Atlanta, AGS is purposefully built to provide the academic, social, and environmental advantages girls need.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 1160 students
2890 North Fulton Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305
- AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 1107 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
- AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 740 students
215 West Wieuca Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30342
- AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 1845 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
- AtlantaGrades: 6-12 | 200 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
There is so much to say about this AMAZING school that provides a one-of-a-kind education like no other. Classes are rigorous, engaging, and challenging.The teachers are truly invested and care so much about every single girls' education and personal development. I have two daughters here (6th and 8th grades, one of which with ASD) who are very different but who are both thriving academically and socially. At AGS, small class sizes and the small student body mean that every single teacher knows the needs, strengths, goals, and personality of every single student. Students know that the teachers are there to support them at all turns. The girls all get along, include one another, and support one another. I never hear of any bullying. Most impressive is how the girls all develop such strong confidence, critical thinking, public speaking, and leadership skills. The girls get to experience so many opportunities that are only available at an all-girls school. For example, my 8th grader got to spend several days this year at Spanx headquarters learning to code and learning about entrepreneurship with Spanx founder Sara Blakely and supermodel Karlie Kloss. There are too many experiences and opportunities to mention, but let me just say this is truly a special place!
- Posted by Parent - AGS Parent
We moved our daughter to AGS in 8th grade. I am a huge believer in girl's education and the solid research behind the benefits of it and thought it would be the right school for our family. It has far exceeded our expectations and in a few short months, our daughter has completely transformed there. She is more confident, outspoken, and walks taller now. It is such a welcoming and loving environment with an opportunity for the focus to be on all the right things. Love AGS -- it's a hidden gem in Atlanta.
- Posted by Parent - spowe
Our experience with the faculty and administration has had a positive effect on our daughter's academic career. She has become more confident and outspoken. She is excelling in her classes now that she participate with her teachers. She is also starting to take on leadership roles within her class! We have truly watched a blossoming of a young woman. We cannot encourage parents of girls enough to at least come and shadow for a day so your daughter can experience some of the positive energy that the teachers pour into the students on a daily basis!
- Posted by Parent - johnf
My daughter has been at AGS for 5 years - she started in 6th grade. We have been impressed with the individual attention that our daughter has received from her advisor and from every teacher. She has learned to work in partnership with her teachers to get what she needs from each class. Her level of true understanding of every subject is second to none. I am constantly amazed by the wealth of knowledge that she can share with me on every subject from World History to Latin to Chemistry. If your daughter loves to learn, then AGS is the place for her!
- Posted by Parent - cathy
Academically, AGS is outstanding. AGS has a high matriculation to top-notch universities and the college counseling is second to none. AGS is everything a parent could wish for. The teachers are excellent and they are friendly and know their students. Dinner conversations have become interesting and lively since my daughter is now at AGS where the students are taught to express themselves with confidence.
- Posted by Parent - elisa