Baltimore Actor's Theatre - The Dumbarton House
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: 3-12
- Enrollment: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Baltimore Actor's Theatre - The Convervatory was founded in 1959 by Helen Grigal. Since its inception, BAT has been a multi-faceted operation providing myriad cultural and entertainment activities for its audiences and members. BAT has a large membership of performers spanning all ages. Its versatility is enhanced by its ability to not only give members a year-round performing venue, but additionally to provide training in all three disciplines: Music, Drama, Dance. The Baltimore Actors' Theatre has mounted a variety of presentations including proscenium, the round, and on international tour. BAT has performed at the Lyric Opera House, Ford's Theatre, Shady Grove and Painters Mill Music Fairs, Merriweather Post Pavilion, Peabody Concert Hall, Kraushaar Auditorium, Goucher College. BAT has presented three full-scale productions of the musical, Peter Pan, with original Flying by Foy at The Lyric Opera House. It has also toured internationally to the United Kingdom and Australia with its original musical production of The Phantom of the Opera.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Baltimore Actor's Theatre - The Dumbarton House?
The application deadline for Baltimore Actor's Theatre - The Dumbarton House is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Baltimore Actor's Theatre - The Dumbarton House. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards