Beit Rabban Day School
- Beit Rabban epitomizes everything that is exceptional about New York City’s vibrant Jewish community.
- Diverse and inclusive, Beit Rabban is a Jewish day school that welcomes families committed to Jewish living, deep learning and intellectual openness.
- Beit Rabban was founded in 1991 and remains committed to employing the most creative, cutting edge and innovative ideas in education.
- The Early Childhood Center and Elementary School offer an academically challenging yet nurturing school experience for children in pre-school through fifth grade.
- Beit Rabban cultivates the natural curiosity in children by encouraging them to ask questions and pursue solutions through creative exploration and critical thinking.
- The educational experience is further distinguished by our integrated curriculum, where general and Judaic studies are connected so that the study of each informs the other.
- Topics are examined through multiple lenses, cultivating a well-rounded and holistic world view.
- A single talented faculty is in place to teach the arts and sciences, Torah and humanities, in English and Hebrew.Our faculty nurtures the individual talents and interests of each child.
- Our classes provide an environment for students to develop socially and emotionally and to challenge themselves intellectually.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,000|
|Tuition Notes||We have a robust financial aid program that is completely independent of the admissions process.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Peldman|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
art, chess, choir, circus, creative movement, drama, food science, music, outdoor adventures, poetry, rollerblading, soccer, yoga