- SAR is as unusual in its physical structure as in its spiritual makeup.
- From the light filled design of each of its buildings, to the openness that is at the core of its architecture, SAR is a school with open spaces, an open heart and a spirit of openness towards each and every student.
- Each of our three divisions, the Early Learning Center (ELC), the Academy and the High School, recognizes there is a unique light that each individual brings to our school—the challenge that we welcome each and every day is to find the catalyst that will ignite the sparks and enable each child to shine.
- SAR is a place where learning and life come together — where Torah and secular studies are integrated; where a love for Medinat Yisrael and Jewish tradition are fostered; where study is probing and meaningful; where students discover the beauty of their heritage.
- SAR is a school that fosters Jewish pride, and a deep sense of concern and commitment to the American-Jewish community, the State of Israel and Jews around the world.
- A school where the faculty inspires a love of learning and academic excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||856 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
3573 Bruckner Blvd
Bronx, NY 10461
(718) 823-2393 5.8 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 591 students
1500 Arnow Avenue
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 652-1830 4.4 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 55 students
1122 Forest Ave
Bronx, NY 10456
(718) 328-3322 5.3 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: K-7 | 152 students
719 E 216th St
Bronx, NY 10467
(718) 653-2900 3 K-7
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718) 549-8810 0.6 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.