St Margaret Of Cortona School
- St. Margaret of Cortona School is a Middle States Accredited Catholic Elementary School located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx.
- The primary purpose of St. Margaret of Cortona School is to offer each child the spiritual, intellectual, personal and social foundation through which he/she will be able to lead a productive and fulfilling Christian life.
- Our academic standards reflect a Christocentric philosophy where the Gospel is nurtured through a unified effort of parents, teachers and the total school community.
- The students reflect our goals as they move beyond the classroom to celebrate and extend Christ's message to the Christian community.
- Our school accomplishes these goals through its policies and procedures and through a unified curriculum, which utilizes varied approaches that attempt to meet the needs of each student while enhancing his/her individual abilities.
- St. Margaret of Cortona School makes a commitment to each student and each family that we will work together to enhance every child's academic experience.
- Our teacher's, faculty and staff are dedicated to recognizing every student's individual talents and to work with families to make certain that all of our students succeed to the best of their abilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 591 students
1500 Arnow Avenue
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)652-1830 4.2 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
3893 Dyre Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718)324-2188 3.9 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 346 students
1016 Edison Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
(718)829-9557 6.6 PK-8
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.