Beltsville Sda School
- Beltsville Adventist School, along with the entire Seventh-day Adventist educational system, operates on the belief that education "... involves more than the pursuit of a certain course of study.
- It means more than preparing for the life that is now.
- It has to do with the whole being, and with the whole period of existance possible to man.
- It is the harmonious development of the physical, the mental and the spiritual powers.
- It prepares the student for the joy of service in this world and for the higher joy of wider service in the world to come.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Wendy Pega|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LaurelGrades: KG-8 | 413 students
106 Saint Marys Pl
Laurel, MD 20707
- SpencervilleGrades: PK-12 | 377 students
2502 Spencerville Road
Spencerville, MD 20868
- BowieGrades: PK-10 | 36 students
11914 Chantilly Ln
Bowie, MD 20721
- LaurelGrades: PK-4 | 60 students
9450 Madison Ave
Laurel, MD 20723
- BowieGrades: K-12 | 36 students
Po Box 796
Bowie, MD 20718
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.