Bishop Mcdevitt High School
- Bishop McDevitt High School, as a member institution of the Philadelphia Archdiocesan Secondary School System, strives to provide a virtue-centered Catholic education.
- The excellence it promotes, the traditions it cherishes, and the diversity it encourages combine to create an environment for spiritual, intellectual, and social growth.
- This effort validates pride in our past, commitment to our present and confidence in our future.
- The school's educational community aspires to cultivate and nurture the mission of the living Gospel in all students.
- Programs noted for academic excellence, with an emphasis on critical thinking and lifelong learning, are enhanced through extensive co-curricular and extra-curricular offerings.
- Individual opportunities for leadership and service prepare students to assume their roles in society as involved Christians and responsible citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||433 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Bishop Mcdevitt High School also viewed these schools: Cardinal O'hara High School, Archbishop Ryan High School, Sts John Neumann & Maria Garetti Catholic High School, Archbishop John Carroll High School and La Salle College High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Grades: 9-12 | 1067 students
1701 S Sproul Rd
Springfield, PA 19064
(610)544-3800 14.4 9-12
- Philadelphia Grades: 9-12 | 1335 students
11201 Academy Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19154
(215)637-1800 8.9 9-12
- Philadelphia Grades: 9-10 | 200 students
1736 S 10th St
Philadelphia, PA 19148
(215)465-8437 11.5 9-10
- Wayne Grades: 9-12 | 888 students
211 Matsonford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
(610)688-7610 10.8 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.