Bishop Mcdevitt High School
- Bishop McDevitt High School, as a member institution of the Philadelphia Archdiocesan Secondary School System, strives to provide a virtue-centered Catholic education.
- The excellence it promotes, the traditions it cherishes, and the diversity it encourages combine to create an environment for spiritual, intellectual, and social growth.
- This effort validates pride in our past, commitment to our present and confidence in our future.
- The school's educational community aspires to cultivate and nurture the mission of the living Gospel in all students.
- Programs noted for academic excellence, with an emphasis on critical thinking and lifelong learning, are enhanced through extensive co-curricular and extra-curricular offerings.
- Individual opportunities for leadership and service prepare students to assume their roles in society as involved Christians and responsible citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||446 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Bishop Mcdevitt High School also viewed these schools: Cardinal O'hara High School, Archbishop Ryan High School, Sts John Neumann & Maria Garetti Catholic High School, Archbishop John Carroll High School and La Salle College High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Grades: 9-12 | 1067 students
1701 S Sproul Rd
Springfield, PA 19064
(610) 544-3800 14.4 9-12
- Philadelphia Grades: 9-12 | 1103 students
11201 Academy Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19154
(215) 637-1800 8.9 9-12
- Philadelphia Grades: 9-10 | 200 students
1736 S 10th St
Philadelphia, PA 19148
(215) 465-8437 11.5 9-10
- Wayne Grades: 9-12 | 888 students
211 Matsonford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
(610) 688-7610 10.8 9-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.