Bishop Mcdevitt High School
- Bishop McDevitt High School, as a member institution of the Philadelphia Archdiocesan Secondary School System, strives to provide a virtue-centered Catholic education.
- The excellence it promotes, the traditions it cherishes, and the diversity it encourages combine to create an environment for spiritual, intellectual, and social growth.
- This effort validates pride in our past, commitment to our present and confidence in our future.
- The school's educational community aspires to cultivate and nurture the mission of the living Gospel in all students.
- Programs noted for academic excellence, with an emphasis on critical thinking and lifelong learning, are enhanced through extensive co-curricular and extra-curricular offerings.
- Individual opportunities for leadership and service prepare students to assume their roles in society as involved Christians and responsible citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||668 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpringfieldGrades: 9-12 | 1386 students
1701 S Sproul Rd
Springfield, PA 19064
PhiladelphiaGrades: 9-12 | 1615 students
11201 Academy Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19154
WayneGrades: 9-12 | 888 students
211 Matsonford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
PhiladelphiaGrades: 9-12 | 833 students
1736 S 10th St
Philadelphia, PA 19148
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 947 students
3000 W School House Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?