Bishop Ohara High School
- We are committed to the development of the whole person, offering comprehensive academic, social and athletic programs which are rooted in the Gospel and teaching of the Catholic Church.
- A Roman Catholic High School, in the Diocese of Scranton, challenges its students to appreciate life-long learning and to develop character, leadership and integrity in a caring environment in order to promote a culture of peace, justice and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scranton Grades: PK-8 | 179 students
325 Chestnut St
Scranton, PA 18512
(570)346-4429 0.4 PK-8
- Scranton Grades: PK-3 | 270 students
2215 N Washington Ave
Scranton, PA 18509
(570)343-2790 1.2 PK-3
- Scranton Grades: PK-10 | 118 students
1615 E Gibson St
Scranton, PA 18510
(570)342-8305 1.4 PK-10
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.