Blue Ridge Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The mission of Blue Ridge Montessori School is to aid children in the task of self-construction in a nurturing environment.
- In the spirit of Dr. Maria Montessori, we promote peace, concentration, creative problem solving, order, and independence.
- Social, emotional and academic growth is encouraged in a developmentally appropriate learning environment.
- Respect for the child and all living things is at the heart of all we do.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer camp tuition is weekly. tuition is based upon age and daily attendance.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 1 / Jul. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please call 434-525-0061 for tuition information|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Olinger|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Intramural Sports Only, SoccerArchery, Intramural Sports Only,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Photography Club, Quest Club - STEAM program
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Music Class, Spanish Language Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Physical Education
- The mission of The Blue Ridge Montessori School is to aid children in the task of self-construction in a nurturing environment. In the spirit of Dr. Maria Montessori, we promote peace, concentration, creative problem solving, order, and independence. Social, emotional and academic growth is encouraged in a developmentally appropriate learning environment. Respect for the child and all living things, is at the heart of all we do.
- Blue Ridge Montessori`s philosophy is based on the belief that education is more than just a search for intellectual skills. It is a preparation for life. It is our goal at Blue Ridge Montessori School to provide an environment that assists the children in every aspect of their development, intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally.
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school, and preschool to Blue Ridge Montessori School is New Covenant Schools (1.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lynchburg Grades: PK-12 | 442 students
122 Fleetwood Dr
Lynchburg, VA 24501
(434)847-8313 1.8 PK-12
- Forest Grades: NS-PK
16780 Forest Road
Forest, VA 24551
(434)455-0880 1.9 NS-PK
- Lynchburg Grades: 1-12 | 71 students
3024 Forest Hills Cir
Lynchburg, VA 24501
(434)947-4697 2.8 1-12
- Forest Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
202 Horizon Dr
Forest, VA 24551
(434)237-5943 3.3 PK-12
The quality and standards of the school have gone down tremendously - they don't use Montessori methodology and are more traditionally driven. And its expensive school. Teachers do preferential treatment to kids.
- Posted by Parent - nages
I''m amazed at what my children can do!! The staff lovingly care for my children while at school. They foster my kids'' interests as they guide them through the Montessori materials. I am allowed to observe my children as they work. After a while, they forget I am even there! My pre-K daughter knows the days of the week, all of the planets, how to take care of her space, and how to be kind to others. My young son comes home singing songs he learned at circle and can do buttons. He dresses himself including his shoes each day. I HIGHLY recommend Blue Ridge Montessori School!!!
- Posted by Parent - Mrcoo
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.