Bracken Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Bracken Christian School will assist Christian families by providing an excellent education within the context of a biblical worldview, equipping students to impact their culture for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP, Dual Credit, Honors|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Varies by Grade|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ACSI Math Olymics, ACSI Speech Meet, ACSI Spelling Bee, Art, Choir, Creative Team, Creative Writing, D.C. Trip, Drama, History of Europe Trip, Journalism, Missions, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography, Pottery, Praise Band, SALT Ministry, Spiritual Emphasis Week, Spiritual Retreats, Sr. Ski Trip/Retreat, Student Council, Summer Athletics, Summer Camps, TAPPS Academic Competition, TAPPS Fine Art Competition, Technology Applications, Weekly Chapel, Yearbook|
- Each year, Bracken Christian School lives out its mission to “…assist Christian families by providing an excellent education within the context of a biblical worldview, equipping students to impact their culture for Christ.” This year is no different. Our theme for the year, Loving God...Loving Each Other, is based and rooted on The greatest Commandment, Matthew 22:36-40. "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law " And He said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." This means that daily, we are to be walking, talking representatives of Christ and His incredible love for us. Our desire is that Bracken be a place in which we can foster that and live it out on a daily basis through word, deed, and thought.
- Accredited by ACSI, Association of Christian Schools International
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Marcos Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
1401 Davis Ln
San Marcos, TX 78666
(512)353-8976 30.7 PK-12
- Adkins Grades: NS-12 | 104 students
5212 FM 1628
Adkins, TX 78101
(210)649-1178 30.7 NS-12
We have three children at BCS and love it! Two are in elementary and one going to middle school this year. BCS stays true to it's Christian mission, the teachers are amazing and genuinely care for the students. The academics are challenging, discipline is consistant, and I praise God we found BCS. Best school!
- Posted by Parent - Liber
Wow- we just love Bracken. We have graduated two and still have one more to go. Christ centered, safe environment, wonderful teachers, beautiful campus, strong biblical based curriculum. Our two graduates were well prepared for their university studies. Opportunities for spiritual growth and leadership are available to all students.
- Posted by Parent - jahns
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.