Brethren Christian High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (714) 962-6617
Brethren Christian High School Photo #2 - JV and Varsity Football coaching staff includes multiple coaches with NFL experience.
Brethren Christian High School Photo #4 - The Junior High Band Program for grades 6 - 8 includes Beginning Band, Intermediate Band, Advanced Band, and Jazz Band.
- Brethren Christian exists to help Christian parents in fulfilling their God-given responsibility of diligent teaching and seeks to implement Christ's command of making disciples.
- By philosophy, purpose and design Brethren Christian is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered, high quality educational program consistent with Biblical truth.
- Its purpose is to minister to the whole person by fostering individual growth and preparing students for responsible interaction in society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning differences addressed|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||98 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Computer Science, AP English Lit/Comp, AP Government, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, AP World History, Honors Chamber Choir, Honors Wind Symphony, Honors World Lit/Comp|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,560|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A21 - Abolishment of Human Injustice in the 21st Century, Anime Club, ASB Leadership, Brethren Book Club, California Junior Scholastic Federation, California Scholastic Federation, Catz Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Class Council, Democrats for Christ, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Godz Girlz, Green Machine, Invisible Children, Journalism, Life Support Club, LIGHT (Leadership in Gathering Hearts Together), Math League, Puppet Ministry, SALSA Club, SALT (Service and Leadership Training), Sound/Tech Crew, Surf Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
501.films - Video Production, Band Council, Cappies, Comedy Sportz High School League, Drama Workshop, Praise Band, Thespian Society
- Accreditation: In recognition of the outstanding education available at BCHS, Brethren Christian has been granted the highest level of accreditation by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Approved I-20 SchoolAcademics:College Prepatory Program meets UC A-G Requirements95% of students matriculate to college, most to 4-year universities.Average SAT Scores surpasses the national average by nearly 200 points.2013 AP pass rate - 88.3%Extensive college planning provided: Succeed.Naviance, SAT/ACT Preparation, Princeton Review, individualized planning provided.Options Program for students with special needs.Award Winning Arts Program2011 - Brethren Christian named a Winner of the 12th Annual Orange County Arts Achievement Award - Outstanding Arts Education ProgramWind Ensemble: SCSBOA Regional Festival - Unanimous Superior. 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Large Band Division - Unanimous Superior8 O'Clock Jazz Band: 2015 - Reno Jazz Festival - 1st place. 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Jazz - Unanimous SuperiorBest High School Jazz Band - MACY Awards 2011, Cappies Awards 2012Jazz Combo - Winner of the John Philip Sousa Award - 107th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2011, 108th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2012, 109th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2013. 110th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2014. 2015 - Did not participate.
- Junior High Wind Ensemble - 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Superior
- Junior High Jazz Band - 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - SuperiorExtensive Choir Program - High School Honors Chamber Choir, High School Concert Choir, Mens Choir, Womens Choir, Junior High Choristers. ACSI Featured Students - 2015Drama: 2010 MACY Childress Award for "Fiddler on the Roof." Numerous individual MACY and Cappie Awards every yearAthletics:
- Warrior Athletics has been recognized for the following achievements:1970, 71, 72 CIF Football Champions1993 CIF Boys' Basketball Champions1998 CIF Girls' Basketball Champions2003 CIF Boys' Volleyball ChampionsOver 30 League Championships since 1990BC football alum(1994)Reggie Davis played 2 seasons in the NFL (San Diego Chargers), coached for the San Francisco 49ers until January 2015 when he joined the coaching staff of the University of Nebraska CornhuskersOver 20 BC football players have played collegiate football8 BC football players have played professional football (AFL, NFL Europe)Over 60 All CIF athletes since 1990Over 20 League MVP's since 19902004 Academy League Football Champs2005, 2009, 2010 Academy League Boys' Basketball Champs2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Academy League Boys' Volleyball Champs2003, 2005 Academy League Girls' Basketball ChampsRecent BC athletes have signed athletic scholarships to Concordia University Irvine, Anderson University South Carolina , Colorado Christian University, Hope International University Fullerton, Liberty University Virginia, and Dubuque University Iowa.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Ana Grades: 9-12 | 2152 students
1202 W Edinger Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707
(714) 754-1175 7.3 9-12
- Anaheim Grades: 1-12 | 119 students
2530 W La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714) 995-1800 8.3 1-12
- Anaheim Grades: 9-12 | 130 students
2323 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92804
(714) 776-1717 7.3 9-12
Brethren Christian is an amazing school! The process that I went though to select a school for my children was extremely thorough. The criteria I required included a strong Christian emphasis, stellar academics, an excellent instrumental music program, a strong athletic program, and a positive social environment. My search took me to many schools that were strong in one area but lacked terribly in others. Brethren Christian was literally an answer to prayer! Though small, BC is doing amazing things! Where else can your student participate in OC's best Christian school band program, play football under the guidance of a coach who played 10 years in the NFL, act in a play that wins award after award, while being challenged academically and taught to live his or her faith in an environment relatively free of cliques and negative social issues? I know without a doubt that my children would have never developed into the individuals they have, had they attended one of the bigger ''name brand'' private schools. In this case, big things really DO come in small packages and this was the absolute best gift I could have given my kids. We are truly blessed to be a part of the Warrior family.
- Posted by Parent - shgar
I have 3 children who have graduated from Brethren. All are now in top notch universities...aat the top of their class! They were so well prepared for college! AND FOR LIFE! I heartily recommend Brethren Christian!!!
- Posted by Parent - for_r
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?