Brookeside Montessori School
- Brookeside Montessori School has been serving the greater Boyertown community for over thirty-five years and offers a wide range of educational programs.
- Brookeside is a licensed Private Academic School with the Pennsylvania Department of Education and is an affiliated school with the American Montessori Society.
- We are staffed by state certified teachers who also hold Montessori certifications.
- The Brookeside Montessori school community works to create an environment that inspires children to develop inner discipline, self-confidence, and a love of learning.
- We respect the uniqueness of each student by helping each child develop skills at periods of greatest readiness and sensitivity.
- Our educational philosophy is guided by the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- We strive to inspire the development of each child in a safe, supportive, culturally diverse environment, which gives students freedom to explore, cooperate, and be creative.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit website for tuition information|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- Brookeside Montessori School's child-centered educational environment provides activities and a PA state approved curriculum appropriate to each child's developmental stage. The integrated curriculum is guided by a highly trained staff, which is aware of the needs of the individual child. The children are in mixed-age settings, which allows them to build long-term relationships with other children and their teachers, within a caring academic community. We currently offer:
- Pre-school - Grade 6
- Full-Day Kindergarten
- Outstanding academics
- Individualized educational plans
- Spanish, Art, Music, Computer, and Fitness classes
- Before and After School Care Program
- Summer camp program -->
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bally Grades: PK-8 | 211 students
668 Pine St
Bally, PA 19503
(610)845-7364 2.8 PK-8
- Birdsboro Grades: PK-12 | 178 students
926 Philadelphia Ter
Birdsboro, PA 19508
(610)582-1000 12.1 PK-12
- Allentown Grades: PK-8 | 247 students
1151 S Cedar Crest Blvd
Allentown, PA 18103
(610)776-7301 14.5 PK-8
- Bethel Grades: 1-8 | 33 students
160 Salem Rd
Bethel, PA 19507
(717)824-0563 35.4 1-8
- Boyertown Grades: NS-PK | 85 students
45 N Reading Avenue
Boyertown, PA 19512
(610)369-1024 2.7 NS-PK
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.