- Founded in 1875, The Perkiomen School is an empowering experience that gives students the confidence to explore and grow.
- Our students have ambitious goals and high ideals. We provide each student with an experience uniquely combining opportunity and challenge, guidance and encouragement.
- Perk offers an engaging academic program and a world of possibilities in a community that feels like family.
- Located in Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, Perkiomen's 172 acre campus is home to 360 students from over 25 countries and 10 states.
- Classes average 12 students with a student to faculty ratio of 7 to 1.
- Perkiomen is 45 minutes from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York City, and 2 1/2 to 3 hours from Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Over 150 courses, including 27 AP and 10 Honors courses are offered in Schumo Academic Center, Hollenbach Academic Center, and the Carnegie Library.
- Courses include Spanish, Latin, German, and Chinese, plus popular electives.
- In its third year, the iPad program was established to support teaching and learning and to expand opportunities for students to learn beyond the traditional classroom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||335 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||30 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science A, AP Economics - Macro, AP Economics - Micro, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP German, AP Latin: Vergil, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics C Magnetism, AP Physics I, AP Physics II, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art 2D Design, AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio, AP United States Government and Politics, AP United States History, AP World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost represents cost for boarding students. Day student tuition is $29,350.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Abby Parish Moser|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WeightliftingBadminton, Baseball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts Club, Debate Team, Diversity Club, Drama Club, Environmental Club, History Club, Honor Society, International Club, Math Club, Middle School Band and Strings, Middle School Chorus, Middle School Math League, Middle School Senate, National Forensic League, National Honor Society, Palantir (literary magazine), Perkiomen Singers, Perkiomenite (newspaper), Reading Olympics, Spanish Club, Student Senate, Table Tennis Club, The griffin (yearbook), Thespian Society, Tour Guides Arts Club, Debate Team, Diversity Club, Drama Club, History Club, Honor Society, Math Club, Spanish Club, Student Senate, Tour Guides, Environmental Club,
Middle School Band and Strings,
Middle School Chorus,
Middle School Math League,
Middle School Senate,
National Forensic League,
National Honor Society,
Palantir (literary magazine),
Table Tennis Club,
The griffin (yearbook),
- Quick Facts:
- College Preparatory
- Boarding & Day
- Grades 6-12, PG
- Enrollment 360
- 100% College Placement
- 1:7 Faculty:Student Ratio
- Average Class Size of 12
- 27 AP Courses
- 1 hour from Philadelphia
- 2.5 hours from New York City
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 1109 students
340 Morris Rd
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12
814 Yarrow Street
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
ExtonGrades: 7-12 | 194 students
1001 E Lincoln Hwy
Exton, PA 19341
New HopeGrades: 7-12 | 227 students
6832 Phillips Mill Road
New Hope, PA 18938
Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12 | 560 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
It has been a number of years since I graduated from Perkiomen School but one thing is still the same, quality & caring about education. Students are taught academics as well as life skills, that assure future success in whatever endeavor is undertaken. Perk is the whole package and I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - nc101
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.