For seekers of lifelong knowledge gained through transformative experiences, Perkiomen is the only college preparatory school in the Mid-Atlantic that balances the search for a fulfilling life with the demands of the new economy.
By leveraging a close-knit community that celebrates diversity, ambition, and empathy, Perkiomen constantly innovates its educational model to give students a distinct competitive edge in their academics, careers, and lives.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 290 students
- Yearly Tuition: $66,200
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Economics - Macro, AP Economics - Micro, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP German Language and Culture, AP Human Geography, AP Latin, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics I, AP Physics II, AP Physics Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art 2D Design, AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio, AP United States Government and Politics, AP United States History, AP World History
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
Feb. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Abby Parish Moser
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts Club, Debate Team, Diversity Club, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Honor Society, International Club, Middle School Band and Strings, Middle School Chorus, Middle School Senate, Palantir (literary magazine), Perkiomenite (newspaper), Reading Olympics, Student Senate, The griffin (yearbook), Tour Guides
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At Perkiomen, we know that experience is the best teacher, and that the challenges of life can only be solved by digging in, taking part, and pushing through. Our students learn to take calculated risks and to create value wherever they go.
- Our close-knit, caring, accomplished faculty create a highly participatory learning environment that encourages students to be courageous. Equally impactful is our culture of gratitude and joy. We are all teachers and learners, celebrating differences and supporting each other`s well-being, through everyday tasks and in defining moments.
- In this boarding and day environment, we all feel welcomed. Faculty and students engage and develop meaningful mentorships. And, students find lasting friendships in our globally diverse community.
- What we learn today must prepare our students for tomorrow. With a strong liberal arts foundation and future-focused innovative education, we prepare our students for college and the challenges of a new economy.
Profile last updated:
It has been a number of years since I graduated from Perkiomen School but one thing is still the same, quality & caring about education. Students are taught academics as well as life skills, that assure future success in whatever endeavor is undertaken. Perk is the whole package and I highly recommend this school.
Endorse Perkiomen School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.