- Nestled on a rolling 140-acre campus in the Pennsylvania countryside, Solebury students and faculty pursue learning as an exciting, shared endeavor.
- This unique approach to education is not happenstance, but a cornerstone of Solebury`s educational philosophy.
- At Solebury, the individual is prized. To achieve and sustain a vibrant atmosphere in which students are known as individuals, Solebury remains intentionally small.
- Our size fosters quality communication among students, teachers, and parents. Solebury students are encouraged to express themselves and to strive for personal excellence, intellectually, artistically, and athletically.
- The result is a magical learning environment, characterized by creativity and diversity, and an ethos of cooperative learning between students and teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP French Literature, AP Government and Politics, AP Human Geography, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US History (American Studies)|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$43,645|
|Tuition Notes||Day Students - $43,645 Boarding Students - $63,695 Additional tuition for ESL, Individualized English, and Math Support programs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,500|
|Admissions Director||Scott Eckstein|
|Admissions Associate||Meg Perry|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Lacrosse, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Weightlifting,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
American Red Cross Club, Black Friday (Black Affinity Group), Book Club, Debate Club, Intercultural Student Association, Jewish Club, LatinX Club, Model United Nations Group, Multiracial Students Group, Prom Committee, School Newspaper, SEAC (Solebury Environmental Action Corp), Solebury Snow Sports, Spartanbuilders (Engineering Club), SPECTRUM ( formally Solebury's Gay and Straight Alliance), Yearbook
Imagine attending school and being energized. Imagine feeling
respected, understood, and appreciated by your teachers. Imagine
being inspired by education. Imagine having the opportunity to
discover new interests and to pursue the things you already love
vigorously and fully. Imagine a place where being you is
celebrated, and where people are kind to one another.
School CAN be like this. Solebury IS like this.
The world feels different and uncertain right now. We have worked thoughtfully over the past few months to develop a plan for this fall that reconciles the need for safety with key characteristics of the Solebury experience. Students can look forward to a strong academic program and a rich community experience that prioritizes their safety.
Our plans for the 2020 - 21 school year include:
- The ability for students to be on campus every day and to have most of their classes live in the classroom.
- The ability for students to do live, synchronous classes remotely if that is their preference.
- Protocols governing life in and out of the classroom to prioritize the safety of the community, relying on credible resources and data.
- A wonderful array of after school activity programs, clubs, and social events that will nurture our boarding and day students through both in-person and online activities and opportunities to learn and grow as a community.
Thank you for taking time to learn more about us. We hope to connect with you and have you experience Solebury for yourselves.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newtown Grades: 9-12
1690 Newtown Langhorne Road
Newtown, PA 18940
(215) 579-6547 11 9-12
- Pottstown Grades: 9-12 | 506 students
860 Beech Street
Pottstown, PA 19464
(610) 326-1000 35.3 9-12
- Hightstown Grades: 9-12 | 551 students
201 S Main St
Hightstown, NJ 08520
(609) 944-7555 25.7 9-12