Tel: (215) 579-6547
- Founded in 1893, George School is a Quaker, coed boarding and day school for students in grades 9 through 12.
- George School is one of very few boarding schools in the country to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma.
George School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Alternative Photographic Processes, AP Biology, AP Calculus (AB), AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP Digital Imaging, AP Economics, AP French 5, AP Human Geography, AP Language and Comp, AP Latin 4, AP Latin 5, AP Literature, AP Physics C, AP Portfolio Preparation, AP Spanish 5, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, IB Economics SL, IB English HL: American Lit, IB English HL: World Lit, IB English SL: World Lit, IB History HL, IB History SL, IB HL Biology, IB HL Calculus, IB HL Precalculus, IB SL Biology, IB SL Chemistry, IB SL Environmental Systems, IB SL Physics, IB SL Precalculus, Language 4th and 5th year|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$57,550|
|Tuition Notes||Boarding student tuition is $63,700. Day student tuition is $42,200. Over 50% of George School students receive financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rohan M. Arjun '05|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ARGO, Chinese Club, Clay Club, Cooking Club, French Club, Havurah, Investing Club, JSA, Latin American Student Organization, LOGOS, Model UN, Open Doors, Pacific Rim Organization, Painting & Drawing Club, Reading Olympics, SAMOSA, TERRA, UMOJA, Women's Issues Now (WIN), Young Friends
Arts and Music Programs:
A Cappella, Art for Relief, Chorale, Goldfish 'n Java, Painting and Drawing Club, R&B Step Team
- George School is a Quaker, coeducational boarding and day school, grades nine through twelve, located in Newtown, PA. Founded in 1893, George School offers a broad curriculum including AP classes and the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, a rigorous two-year course of study. Students come from diverse backgrounds, representing 13 US states and 42 foreign countries. 44% of US citizens are students of color. Quaker values such as tolerance, equality, and social justice create a diverse community where academics, sports, arts, and service learning share emphasis.
- The George School Mission Statement: With Quaker tradition as its touchstone and academic excellence at its core, George School seeks to develop citizen scholars cheerfully committed to openness in the pursuit of truth, to service and peace, and to the faithful stewardship of the earth. We want our students to treasure learning for its own sake and to use it to benefit a diverse world. Above all, we want them to "let their lives speak."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hightstown Grades: 9-12 | 551 students
201 S Main St
Hightstown, NJ 08520
(609) 944-7555 21.7 9-12
- Lawrence Township Grades: 9-12 | 817 students
2500 Main Street, PO Box 6008
Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
(609) 895-2030 11.6 9-12
- Pennington Grades: 6-12 | 534 students
112 W Delaware Avenue
Pennington, NJ 08534
(609) 737-6128 9.9 6-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.