The Hill School
Tel: (610) 326-1000
The Hill School Photo #2 - Faculty and students enjoy a meal together during one of Hill's seated lunches in the Dining Room.
The Hill School Photo #3 - Student engage in a discussion with their teacher in a Hill English class.
- The mission of The Hill School is to prepare students from across the United States and around the world for excellence in college, careers, and life.
- The Hill School combines a challenging liberal arts curriculum with clear moral direction and leadership training in a structured residential community.
- Dedicated to the development of the minds, bodies, and souls of all Hill students, the School professes not only to describe the world in which they live but also to teach the best ways to live.
- The Hill School's rigorous curriculum is founded firmly on the classical and Judeo-Christian traditions that value refinement of thought and fortification of character to liberate and charge the individual with responsibility to the common good.
- The Hill School is committed to inculcating those fundamental traditions while developing in students the practical skills and core knowledge on which further learning must be based, then to leading students to a global perspective on the world and their places in it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||506 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(coat and tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$61,410|
|Tuition Notes||day 42370|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$41,650|
|Admissions Director||Thomas Eccleston IV|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Hunter|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Water Polo, Winter Track,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newtown Grades: 9-12
1690 Newtown Langhorne Road
Newtown, PA 18940
(215) 579-6547 37 9-12
- Lakeville Grades: 9-12 | 612 students
11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860) 435-3102 163.8 9-12
- Deerfield Grades: 9-12 | 648 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
(413) 774-1400 223.3 9-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.