- The mission of The Hill School is to prepare students from across the United States and around the world for excellence in college, careers, and life.
- The Hill School combines a challenging liberal arts curriculum with clear moral direction and leadership training in a structured residential community.
- Dedicated to the development of the minds, bodies, and souls of all Hill students, the School professes not only to describe the world in which they live but also to teach the best ways to live.
- The Hill School's rigorous curriculum is founded firmly on the classical and Judeo-Christian traditions that value refinement of thought and fortification of character to liberate and charge the individual with responsibility to the common good.
- The Hill School is committed to inculcating those fundamental traditions while developing in students the practical skills and core knowledge on which further learning must be based, then to leading students to a global perspective on the world and their places in it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||506 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(coat and tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$55,660|
|Tuition Notes||day 38400|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$31,000|
|Admissions Director||Thomas Eccleston IV|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Hunter|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Water Polo,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West ChesterGrades: PK-12 | 632 students
975 Westtown Road
West Chester, PA 19382
Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12
814 Yarrow Street
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
NewtownGrades: 9-12 | 539 students
1690 Newtown Langhorne Road
Newtown, PA 18940
Lawrence TownshipGrades: 9-12 | 818 students
PO Box 6008, 2500 Main Street
Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
DeerfieldGrades: 9-12 | 651 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.