The Hill School
The Hill School Photo #2 - Student engage in a discussion with their teacher in a Hill English class.
The Hill School Photo #3 - Students enjoy a beautiful spring day walking to the Alumni Memorial Chapel.
- The mission of The Hill School is to prepare students from across the United States and around the world for excellence in college, careers, and life.
- The Hill School combines a challenging liberal arts curriculum with clear moral direction and leadership training in a structured residential community.
- Dedicated to the development of the minds, bodies, and souls of all Hill students, the School professes not only to describe the world in which they live but also to teach the best ways to live.
- The Hill School's rigorous curriculum is founded firmly on the classical and Judeo-Christian traditions that value refinement of thought and fortification of character to liberate and charge the individual with responsibility to the common good.
- The Hill School is committed to inculcating those fundamental traditions while developing in students the practical skills and core knowledge on which further learning must be based, then to leading students to a global perspective on the world and their places in it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||506 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(coat and tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$59,050|
|Tuition Notes||day 40740|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$41,650|
|Admissions Director||Thomas Eccleston IV|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Hunter|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Water Polo, Winter Track,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newtown Grades: 9-12
1690 Newtown Langhorne Road
Newtown, PA 18940
(215)579-6547 37 9-12
- Lawrence Township Grades: 9-12 | 816 students
PO Box 6008, 2500 Main Street
Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
(609)895-2030 47.8 9-12
- Deerfield Grades: 9-12 | 648 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
(413)774-1400 223.3 9-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.