The Hill School
- The mission of The Hill School is to prepare students from across the United States and around the world for excellence in college, careers, and life.
- The Hill School combines a challenging liberal arts curriculum with clear moral direction and leadership training in a structured residential community.
- Dedicated to the development of the minds, bodies, and souls of all Hill students, the School professes not only to describe the world in which they live but also to teach the best ways to live.
- The Hill School's rigorous curriculum is founded firmly on the classical and Judeo-Christian traditions that value refinement of thought and fortification of character to liberate and charge the individual with responsibility to the common good.
- The Hill School is committed to inculcating those fundamental traditions while developing in students the practical skills and core knowledge on which further learning must be based, then to leading students to a global perspective on the world and their places in it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||506 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(coat and tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$55,660|
|Tuition Notes||day 38400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$31,000|
|Admissions Director||Thomas Eccleston IV|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Hunter|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Water Polo,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: PK-12
814 Yarrow Street
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)525-4300 22.8 PK-12
- Newtown Grades: 9-12
1690 Newtown Langhorne Road
Newtown, PA 18940
(215)579-6547 37 9-12
- West Chester Grades: PK-12 | 632 students
975 Westtown Road
West Chester, PA 19382
(610)399-7900 20.8 PK-12
- Lawrence Township Grades: 9-12 | 818 students
PO Box 6008, 2500 Main Street
Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
(609)895-2030 47.8 9-12
- Deerfield Grades: 9-12 | 648 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
(413)774-1400 223.3 9-12
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.