- Brownell-Talbot School is Nebraska's only private, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school.
- We are proud to celebrate over 150 years of academic excellence and individual achievement.
- We seek to enroll students in grades preschool through 12 who have the motivation and curiosity to thrive in a challenging learning environment.
Brownell-Talbot School places among the top 20% of private schools in Nebraska for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art Portfolio, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Music Theory, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP United States History|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $6,500 to $20,650|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Admissions Director||Kim Schinzel|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, Math Team, Newspaper, Speech, Theatre, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Chess Team, Honor Council, Junior Classical League, Literary Magazine, National Honor Society, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
- Brownell-Talbot School is Nebraska's only private, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school. We are proud to celebrate 150 years of academic excellence and individual achievement. We seek to enroll students in grades preschool through 12 who have the motivation and curiosity to thrive in a challenging learning environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 317 students
10244 Wiesman Dr.
Omaha, NE 68134
(402)399-9565 5.1 PK-12
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
3601 Burt St
Omaha, NE 68131
(402)558-3800 1.7 PK-12
- Omaha Grades: K-8 | 70 students
4040 N 108th Street
Omaha, NE 68164
(402)493-2550 4.8 K-8
- Omaha Grades: NS-8 | 59 students
5529 Leavenworth St
Omaha, NE 68106
(702)551-7020 0.8 NS-8
- Omaha Grades: NS | 129 students
1110 N 66th Street
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)390-0556 0.9 NS
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.