- Brownell-Talbot School is Nebraska's only private, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school.
- We are proud to celebrate over 150 years of academic excellence and individual achievement.
- We seek to enroll students in grades preschool through 12 who have the motivation and curiosity to thrive in a challenging learning environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art Portfolio, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Music Theory, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP United States History|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $6,500 to $20,650|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Admissions Director||Kim Schinzel|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, Math Team, Newspaper, Speech, Theatre, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Chess Team, Honor Council, Junior Classical League, Literary Magazine, National Honor Society, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
- Brownell-Talbot School is Nebraska's only private, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school. We are proud to celebrate 150 years of academic excellence and individual achievement. We seek to enroll students in grades preschool through 12 who have the motivation and curiosity to thrive in a challenging learning environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OmahaGrades: PK-12 | 252 students
10244 Wiesman Dr.
Omaha, NE 68134
- OmahaGrades: PK-12 | 368 students
3601 Burt St
Omaha, NE 68131
- OmahaGrades: K-8 | 108 students
4040 N 108th Street
Omaha, NE 68164
- OmahaGrades: K-8 | 72 students
1110 N 66th Street
Omaha, NE 68132
- OmahaGrades: PK-8 | 309 students
3869 Webster Street
Omaha, NE 68131
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.